#21 Dyson "Go jam it” Heppell - 200th game this week (Part 1)

I wanna see him back in the AA side where he belongs.

2 Likes

How’s my boy Rozee going, eh?

Dyson looking very ginger out there again today. I hope the club is managing him right.
I don’t want him to end up cooked like Dan Hanneberry.

Thought he was really good again. His work in close is fantastic

9 Likes

The blind turn pick up was noice.

6 Likes

It’s rare to see so much courage and skill in a single act.

Grace under pressure.

1 Like

He’s playing the big body midfield role with a body not quite big enough to do it long term.

Needs support, not just from Myers. They’ve got to rotate a few more through that role.

This is why the coaches need to move the Irish Bull into the guts. At worst, he won’t be as bad as Langford, at best he could be anything.

1 Like

His overhead marking was excellent too. Took some key marks.

4 Likes

I’m all aboard the Conor to a wing train.

Draper would also provide a bigger body around the stoppages and he uses it a lot more than Bellchambers and Clarke.

2 Likes

His marking is fantastic for a guy his size

1 Like

nice hands

6 Likes

Last season l said the blind turn would return in the not too distant future. Look for more of these in the future. It is a brilliant skill to develop.

1 Like

Oh good.

Heppell (listed as 189cm) is too small, so we need to move Conor (184cm) in there.

Blitz!

EDIT: Apart from anything, Conor’s fkg lightning, sees the game beautifully and kicks powerfully.

Would be silly to have him in a role that doesn’t really make much use of that. Absolutely hope he transitions to wing & burst mid in the future, but not as a bodywork clearance player.

1 Like

Agree.
Assuming you’re referring to ‘the blind turn’ as a thing executed by players.
And not the almost equally skilled reversal of opinions by some Blitzers regarding Hepp’s leadership qualities, Brown’s place in the team, etc etc

2 Likes

I recall a poster saying that his marking was poor and subpar. Whoever said that, eat your heart out.

4 Likes

There’s some absolute prize ■■■■■■■ idiots on here.
Basically anyone who posts a lot when we lose & disappears when we win.

You wonder how many of them try and apply their “thinking” (beat & abuse anyone who fails at anything) to raising pets & children?

6 Likes

1 Like

“used to indicate that one thinks someone will feel great jealousy or regret.

What saying should I have used instead?

Blind turn = ball handling skill, as best exemplified by Leon Baker in the 1984 GF win.