#21 Dyson "Go jam it” Heppell - 200th game this week (Part 1)

because it’s correct! Myers said with a smile on his face “ a bit too far for an old fella”. Heppell laughed and smiled back.

Why even make a joke in that situation???

I dont get this.
You say theres lots wrong with the football club , but dys isnt one of them.

How is he not apart of the things that are wrong with the club, when he is a by product from and within all the things that are wrong with the club?

Thw things that are wrong with this club and its culture have grown and moulded heppell into what he and alot of the senior players are and consider "professional " standards, yet compared to well run football clubs, our standards for success are so far behind good clubs, that ita not funny.

So heppell is a problem and an issue , because he is the after production embodiment of what essington is and stands for.

So how can someone breed feom a ■■■■ culture and so many things wrong with it, see that there is an actual deep seated core problem with the xlub, certain players on the list et c etc , let alone be able to change or fix said wrong things within the club ??

Bomber Thompson was definitely right, we just still have way to many players at this club who are happy to jist be an afl player.
Sadly foe us, our “captain” is one of them.

2 Likes

Cos you know that you’ll
Never get dropped no matter what you do?

Have you ever not smiled when you’re not happy… have you ever not accepted an apology with a smile even though you’re hurting?

We want our players to be themselves, yet we lambast them for it. We want a tight team yet we hate it when they show care for one another.

Let’s be totally honest.

We want to win.

When we do, everything is OK.

When we don’t, everyone is fair game.

2 Likes

A player who deeply cares would of looked disappointed after the game. See smith and Zac in the background- they are gutted

The captain should of been putting his arm around those two, not the guy making a joke.

Zac and smith show more leadership out on the field and play the way a captain should than both Myers and Heppell

1 Like

Even i smiled at the absurdity of the kick Myers was trying to take. And i was ■■■■■■■ angry at the time.

The captain looked like he was about to cry 30 seconds later.

1 Like

The whole thing wasn’t quite right for the demeanour you’d expect of desperate disappointed determined footballers.

He smiles and winks, why?
He doesn’t go for the biggest distance kick he can to give it every chance, a torpedo, why not?
He makes a joke. His skipper gives a beaming grin.

It was just not what we’re accustomed to seeing after years of watching close finishes, no matter what team. Are other teams winking and smiling? Why do our guys react this way?

I’m not gonna labour it anymore, they can feel what they feel, and react how they like. But I fully get why some supporters here don’t like it.

4 Likes

It sucks to be an Essendon fan and an Arsenal fan at the same time doesn’t it mike? :frowning:

1 Like

I have actually enjoyed watching Arsenal this year.

We haven’t been particularly great in a results sense but I can already see a culture change going on under Emery. Emery doesn’t have favourites and is not afraid to bench big names players if they aren’t conforming to his methods.

It may take a few years to get the players required but at least I can now see that we are becoming a football club again even if we don’t have the money to compete with the big boys.

Nah, it wasn’t, really.
Sure that isn’t just disappointment talking?

1 Like

I reckon hep is a fine player. I dont think he’s a captain though. Imo, he is not a great leader

If i was in that team, id want smith to captain me

5 Likes

His kicking is terrible, inside the packs he is good as he has good hands

Isn’t it up to the playing group. If they want him captain he stays.

My comment relates solely to last night’s game.

I remember thinking last night, that Hepp & McGrath were better than usual with delivery. Till the last quarter, anyway.

Supporters laugh at Essington and it’s an act of treachery. The leadership group do the same, and it’s no problem.

5 Likes

Let it slip???

IF HE HONESTLY THINKS WE LET THAT SLIP AND AT ANY TIME WE ACTUALLY LOOKED LIKE WE WERE SWITCHED ON AND CAPABLE OF THE NECCESARY MAN PARTS REQUIRED TO WIN HE NEEDS TO ■■■■■■■ GTFO.

Laughing after the game just confirms the joke the league thinks he and his team are and he’s in on it.

Real funny when the fans stop turning up you muppet.

I doubt you would ever see Hirdy or Lloydy behave that way after a loss.

Heppell is another good bloke and he is a nice bloke.

Sorry, wrong place.

Yeah emery has been good in his first season.
Except for the last few weeks I was really impressed.

Gutted we let ramsey leave for nothing though.