#21 Dyson "Go jam it” Heppell - 200th game this week (Part 1)

We do need a decent forward coach. He’d be great for Gown in particular.

2 Likes

Love Hepp. Very good player. Seems a top bloke. Shithouse captain. Give it to Smith or Zac.

3 Likes

Personally, I think if we had a coach who wasn’t so “low energy” and instead had one that had a modicum of intensity then Heppell’s leadership would be much better as a result.

1 Like

Have we ever seen him get angry on field? Show massive passion? Given a mate a spray? I’m sure his carefree attitude is endearing and ability to be their best mates is great and I’m sure he’s been well trained in the media like an expert and says all the right things off field, but I’m not sure when they look at him they think of a “follow me or else” kind of leader that has that intense, whiteline fever passion that burns with agony after a loss. He seems to glide around the ground racking up blind snap kicks from a clearance. To me he seems like a great, carefree funny guy that doesn’t take too many things too seriously. Godard used to get sh*t on for doing what he couldn’t do.

8 Likes

Auditioning for a job

Hepp was tremendous in the 2nd half trying to pull the boys with him over the line. Brilliant captaincy to set such an example onfield in the heat where it matters. He’s layback off field but hard as stone when it matters.

6 Likes

Someone said it before but I think it bears repeating. Imagine Lloyd taking a mark even 80 metres out and having to kick after the siren just to tie a match in the pre-season cup. He’d be fkn suicidal if he missed. Many don’t rate him as a skipper and I get that but that’s what he’s like. To compare that to Heppell and Myers on Friday night says a lot.

2 Likes

That screen pic with Myers will unfortunately for the both of them become an iconic visual representation of everything Essendon for a very long time.

1 Like

Sad but true.

Lloyd had 1 shot after the siren to win and missed.

He was ok.

Take a look at him beaming with joy moments after the siren…

13 Likes

Heppell would have kicked a perfect barrel… And it would have gone about 45 metres.

1 Like

Serious questions over Merrett. Moments after losing to the lowely swans, he’s seen hydrating.

7 Likes

How dare he drink blue Gatorade at a moment like that. Merrett owes all us supporters an apology for his hydrating ways

6 Likes

I’m not sure I follow the logic of pointing out others stupidity by being wilfully stupid yourselves.

1 Like

7 Likes

I think we’re accepting mediocrity here. Dyson should’ve slapped Zach’s Gatorade bottle away and threatened his family. That’s what Sam Mitchell would have done.

2 Likes

Posting it once more cause I’m so outraged. Look at our captain laughing it up post loss!!

Bet you he’s laughing it up behind those hands there. ■■■■■■■ himself about that joker Myers.

1 Like

He did that at the moment we lost.
I’m surprised you didn’t see it.
A lot of people have actually posted it here.

Edit: See? That’s Socratic irony.
If you’re going to do it then you still have to use…you know, facts.

3 Likes

That’s what Mysery and Dys we’re laughing about!