#22 Forward or Back: Part II

It's not about Carlisle, it's about the team. Even if he is a superior backman, the team needs him up forward so much more. The gap between him and Hurley as a fwd is so much greater than the gap between them as a defender.

Based on what, exactly?
Him floating forward a few times late in games? That's the exact same reason Hurley ended up forward.
Harry Taylor and Ben Reid are good examples of guys who are dangerous when thrown forward, but not that dangerous when they start there. I think Carlisle is the same.

Agree. Introverts to the back line thanks.

I completely agree with others; Jake needs to left down back. He will dominate the backline in the future and will be the backbone of the best backline in the competition. The great thing about Jake and others is I think they will all be able to carry the ball out and kick a goal when needed.

Great season by Jake - can't wait to see him next year. 

It's not about Carlisle, it's about the team. Even if he is a superior backman, the team needs him up forward so much more. The gap between him and Hurley as a fwd is so much greater than the gap between them as a defender.

Based on what, exactly?
Him floating forward a few times late in games? That's the exact same reason Hurley ended up forward.
Harry Taylor and Ben Reid are good examples of guys who are dangerous when thrown forward, but not that dangerous when they start there. I think Carlisle is the same.

He is quicker off the mark than Hurley, makes better leads than him, is better in the contest, just as courageous in the air, a better kick for goal, better off the ground. Carlisle is a better defender, but this is a team game and the opposition would be far more comfortable with him in defense.

Based on what, exactly?
He is quicker off the mark than Hurley, makes better leads than him, is better in the contest, just as courageous in the air, a better kick for goal, better off the ground. Carlisle is a better defender, but this is a team game and the opposition would be far more comfortable with him in defense.

Again, based on what? He has next to no exposed form as a forward.
Better kick at goal yes, won't argue that. But the leading etc? Not sure how we can say that.
In saying all that, it would be great if Carlisle could hold down CHF long term, I just don't think he's shown that he can do that... Yet.

Carlisle can actually take a mark arms out.....

Wish Hurley could do that.

Is GWS an option for the poll?

Based on what, exactly?

I agree with this, much better forward than Hurley.