#22 Irving ‘MO22IE’ Mosquito

My 12 year old son is already pondering whether Irving will dethrone Tippa as his favourite player. That’s big.

29 Likes

I just want to know if he could believe he was available at our pick.

3 Likes

We have been looking for this type of pressure small forward for ages. Lets hope he turns out to be an absolute gun. We’ve tried Jetta, Garlett, Eades, Dellolio etc

Eat a bag Hawthorn. I hope this is their Myers/Rioli moment.

2 Likes

Let’s just hope they don’t pinch our academy players in future.

Leongatha - 5k people, 2 of the AFL captains

3 Likes

Imagine when this kid kicks his first AFL goal! It will be such an awesome moment.

3 Likes

Garlett?

Dayle Garlett, we brought him in to have a shot. Picked up Will Hams instead, whilst he went back to WA and got into the persian rugs.

Who cares? Saints have already pinched our vfl players.

Injuries hampered him and meant that he was unable to play in the championships. Probably a blessing for us.

Speaking to someone this morning we have done a lot of work on him and genuinely felt he was the best talent available. Massive upside - silky skilled left footer who hunts the opposition defenders but we think in time he could also have bursts up the ground.

Would have been interesting had Williams been available and clearly we didnt really rate Taylor (who I assume would have some similarity to houlahan) or bytel as highly.

12 Likes

Excitement + machine.
Taller than Tippa as well.

Yep, will be a real buzz!

3 Likes

Damn him with faint praises…

Finally figured out who his smile reminds me of

107 Likes

How can you pay too much? You either pick someone who makes it or doesn’t. No exact science. You rate them on the likelihood of them making it and it comes down to opinion and talent identification.

I love his name, love having indigenous boys on our list, especially in the fwd pocket, but looking at his highlights, I’m not super excited yet as he has a long way to go developmentally. The best thing was his skills looked good and that is so important in this day and age.

1 Like

TIPPA & Moz are exciting enough.

But only 3 years off the Davey twins being eligible for draft also. Start year 10 in 2019

Then we really will have a mosquito fleet.

10 Likes

And brayden rioli sooner!

13 Likes

Sheil passes on Carlton and Hawks to come to us for less money; we steal Mosquito from the Hawks. So good.

4 Likes

Ah yes, a Rioli. The last piece of the premiership puzzle.

1 Like

Tigers would definitely be spewing losing out a father son player to someone zoned to our academy if that happened.

Players choice though.

Just happened with Blakey didn’t it?

1 Like