#22 Irving ‘MO22IE’ Mosquito

Blakey had the choice of 3 clubs didn’t he?
Would have also had Brisbane as a choice aswell I think

1 Like

I think you right

In end since he’d been in Sydney’s academy and dad coaching there just chose Syd.

That’s fantastic!!

2 Likes

To put that Bolt comment in context, it’s actually rubbish. :slight_smile:

1 Like

As others have mentioned has to wait for gun and then go. Combine test timer starting from when you move across line.

No tail wind at combine testing though.

Bolt fkn demolishes others in that last part of race, amazing that 4th section is his fastest.

5 Likes

This is amazing. When asked what his short term aim is he doesn’t say improving, or learning, or take it one day at a time bullsh/t, he says he wants to play round 1 and then play in a flag.

That’s determination and ambition folks. No doubt in my mind that this kid is gonna make it.

17 Likes

1.61 is pretty insane isn’t it.

Obviously the closest comparison is the first 20 - reaction time - a bit for starting from 0, so probably around 2.70. or even a bit quicker.

I mean Mosquito is express fast, but the obsession in the AFL media (which is where that first time came from) of making AFL athletes out to be world standard in particular events is quite ridiculous. Now if Mosquito or whoever trained full time to be a sprinter maybe he could get somewhere close-ish, but given he needs to also train for endurance and needs to develop other aspects as well, that won’t happen. And that OK.

Realistically there’s about 1 Australian who’s ever run sub-10. Why we need to compare footballers to Bolt as if they’re in the same league (when no one anywhere ever has been in the same league) I have no idea.

3 Likes

I’m backing him in to be there round 1. The flag will have to wait 6 months.

4 Likes

It’s bigfooty “wisdom”

It translates to “that guy went earlier than he did in the phantom drafts”

If a guy plays a bunch of games, it doesn’t matter where the hell he was picked. Let alone where we nuffies in the outer thought he’d get picked.

2 Likes

Just doing research, and apparently Jarrod Atkinson ran a 2.73 at Essendon pre season training one year.

2 Likes

Hope a Blitzer is at the Club on Monday for some first hand reports. Anyone feel an illness coming on??

1 Like

He isn’t f/s he is Daniel’s brother

Ah well there you go. For some reason I thought he was. That great. So we just have first dib’s then since in our academy?

TIPPA. Long. Mosquito. Rioli. Davey x 2.

Benfti won’t know what to do with himself.

1 Like

Correct

3 Likes

I’ll probably be there.

7 Likes

Excellent! ( you really don’t look well enough to go to work)

2 Likes

In before we pass on Brayden Rioli because we have “enough of that type”

1 Like

I’m not sure Dodoro could ever live with himself doing it twice regardless of depth in that area.

1 Like

Doesn’t sound like he’s “accepting mediocrity” then.

I think the 5th section would be the fastest, it is slower because he is generally so far in front he just pulls up or does abit of chest thumping 10m out.

2 Likes