#22 Irving ‘MO22IE’ Mosquito

In the end (to get back to his playing weight), absolutely.

Lol it’s not the 1940’s where if you do an ACL your career is over.

You rehab it professionally, get fit again and get back out there.

He didn’t make it not because he did his knee.

9 Likes

Do you think he put in the required effort during rehab
Plenty of players have ACL injuries and don’t let themselves get into poor physical shape

2 Likes

Its clear neither had the will or desire to put in the required effort to get fit/ return from injury. That is indisputable. Why thats the case is another question.

Seriously, it was stated that they refused to put the effort, like they failed or something.

Walla has nothing to prove at all and if both are happier to not be playing AFL, let’s be happy for them.

3 Likes

That’s a completely different thing. Of course this is true.

That’s far different to saying it’s as simple as him doing his knee. He didn’t want it enough to put in the requisite work and preferred being back home away from the demands of an elite sporting environment which can be quite stressful and not for everyone.

2 Likes

Unless you actually know the details of Mozzies rehab and what went on, then you are just making it up.

1 Like

Bit of both I reckon. There are heaps of other players who get drafted, then realise it’s just not for them. No shame in that.

4 Likes

Gurge

4 Likes

I had few brief meetings with Mozzie while he was on our list. What strike me was he had “anxious personalty”. I wonder how much our club recruiting team consider psychological aspect of players before recruiting. All of us suffer from anxiety and depression at different stages even different days of week. People who are good at managing such demons are the one succeed. Mozzie had enough skills to succeed.

He simply wasn’t cut out for life as a professional athlete. Clearly Hawthorn knew that, because if he was they’d have matched the bid we put in for him. You only have to see the shape he rolled into the club in to start pre-season for 2021. Even taking into account an ACL, he was in appalling condition. And some in here were saying it was part of a “bulking up” strategy. Like, what professional athlete gains 10kg of fat after doing a knee?

1 Like

I was seated directly behind his second goal in Darwin Dreamtime match (the one on the run)

Safe to say, it was a fucken cool moment. Will always remember that.

The sheer joy that brought to the stadium was immense.

The second thing that rocked was sausage in bread at the footy!
Bring that in to all AFL matches.

24 Likes

I think the AFL are working to remove Australian elements of the game gradually.

Just not cost effective.

3 Likes

I did that when I broke a fingernail.

2 Likes

I didn’t even need to break a fingernail

1 Like

I feigned the fingernail to the coach at preseason.

If you could get that at a stadium the sausages would probably contain minced pig eyeballs and testicles. $10 each.

2 Likes

That’s cheap for gourmet.

2 Likes

So they’d be selling Four n Twenty like at any other stadium.

1 Like

I respectfully disagree. Walla was dropped for this very reason at the end of 2021 and lets not mention the start 0f 2022.
As for Mozzie, he lost all desire to meet the fitness standards bot during his ACL and post.

4 Likes