#22 Irving ‘MO22IE’ Mosquito

Man, there’s a lot of buzz around the club right now

4 Likes

they would have had to use 2 picks to match it.

They still haven’t had a pick in this draft yet. You’d assume they have a specific need for their pick 50.

I wanna hear @BLOODSTAINED_DEVILS’s nickname for him.

Mosquito --> Coil --> Snake?

EDIT: almost killed by a king brown snake at age 6. Make it so.

5 Likes

from AFL site

ESSENDON has pinched exciting small forward Irving Mosquito from Hawthorn’s grasp, securing the Hawks’ next generation academy prospect with pick No.38 in the 2018 NAB AFL Draft.

Hawthorn had first priority on the NGA prospect under AFL rules, but decided to baulk at the price of bringing the raw small forward into its club.

The Hawks would have had to give up picks 49 and 91 to claim Mosquito and then would have got back No.72, however, they became the first club to pass on an NGA prospect this year.

Bombers list manager Adrian Dodoro was clearly elated by how things played out, with host broadcaster Fox Footy showing vision of him pumping his fist once it was announced Hawthorn had passed Mosquito up.

6 Likes

No it’s Loco, it’s in the Welcome Irving thread (don’t how he got to that name).

2 Likes

THE ALTERNATOR. ™

2 Likes

Not enough is being made of the fact his name is Irving, calling him Kyrie seems appropriate

from the Iggy Pop song Loco Mosquito

1 Like

“Orazzzzio takes the ball through the midfield and hands it off to the Mozzzzie who spins on to his right, hits the after burners and drills the goal!”

3 Likes

Looking forward to the BSD nickname that has absolutely nothing to do with mosquitoes

4 Likes

Doctor J.

8 Likes

Instant Blitz favourite.

1 Like

I’m on the wagon…so to speak!!:flushed:

2 Likes

Thanks Darren.

5 Likes

I heard he gives the opposition malaria.

Defender in Jabob Kozi (not bothering to spell the full name)

They picked up Kozitski. Good key position tall

He’s no Irving Mosquito…

10 Likes

Makes sense they didn’t matchbif they wanted a tall.

Come ooooon Stack…

Gold.