#22 Sam Durham - thru to 2028!

Was harassing Bont all night and making life tough for him he beat Bont in the end

Love everything he brings this bloke and reckon Brad does too

3 Likes

Credit to Duz taking the steps to becoming an elite footballerā€¦ His attack on the ball and kicking brings a tear to my eye. Some peanut on Blitz once gave me grief because I said Duzz was a very good kick. The kid proved it tonight. He is a very good kick.

7 Likes

My favourite player for a few years now is duz.

1 Like

hes just such a direct player, theres a luxury for the game to be simple for him.

3 Likes

His ability to attack a contest at pace, collect deliver a handball is so so good. Very happy for the kid. Long may it continue.

1 Like

Tough country boy we need more Durhams

2 Likes

Doing very well on and off the ground it seems.

2 Likes

Itā€™s taken me a long time but I am seeing the light. He is actually better when heā€™s forced to make quick decisions. My criticism was that heā€™d hold up the play when heā€™d take a mark on the wing and he didnā€™t have the vision to spot a pass. He clearly did that tonight with his perfect pass to Stringer after dismissing the Bont.

The way he approaches 50/50 ground balls is remarkable. He doesnā€™t hesitate, positions his body so that he can spin away from danger once he picks the ball up, and with every game is finding more targets once heā€™s in the clear.

What a mid-season pick Duz could go down as.

8 Likes

Whoā€™d have thought the answer to beating the Dogs was Sam Durham

Hard as fk

Love him

BOG - easy

4 Likes

And every game he plays, you can hear the Tigers faithful bemoan his selection.

6 Likes

this is what a strong-bodied, two-way running midfielder looks like

4 Likes

Has taken his game to another level. Truly impressive!

2 Likes

Got talking to a bloke while standing up behind the goals at the Saints game, said he was mates with Durham from back in Seymour and how everyone thinks heā€™s a ripping bloke and still a good ol country boy at heart.

Tiges recruiting must be spewing.

16 Likes

I have a jumper with 22 on the back- last year at the Gabba I ran into some family friends of his who said Durham would be rapt to think someone was wearing his numberā€¦ā€¦reckon heā€™ll be getting used to it now. They also said what a great country lad he is. Love who he is and how he plays.

4 Likes

When he cleared that ball and saw 2 options, made the decision in less than a second and opted to execute a gunshot pass to Jakey leading out , it was a thing of football beauty.

He gets down and dirty in packs like a mongrel. Even so last night he ran at 81% disposal efficiency. Outstanding

7 Likes

Superb game

And for all the whining about why Tsatas isnā€™t getting inside time yet even with Setters and Perkins out, Durham is one of reasons why. Doesnā€™t matter where you get picked in draft

3 Likes

I had to rub my eyes in disbelief when he kicked that ball to Stringer on the lead in the last. Havenā€™t seen an Essendon midfielder kick a ball like that to a forward since the Lloyd days.

19 Likes

What an absolute gun. If he can elevate his game to gather 25-30 touches per week heā€™ll be close to our best player with Merrett.

1 Like

Watching the others get around him, I donā€™t think any of our players could believe it either.

8 Likes

If he was slightly better heā€™d be slightly better, but as heā€™s already very good thatā€™s not too bad at all.

2 Likes