#22 Sam Durham - thru to 2028!

Sam is a good honest tough footballer. You don’t win premierships without them.

1 Like

If he can get it that many times a game he will be our best player easily imo.

He is seriously that good with the ball and without it and has both the size and pace to stick with any modern player.
His only knock is that he doesnt find it as much as a normal mid.

Honestly was surprised they decided to put him in the middle this year. Thought that was going to be a mistake.

But he is everything our midfield is crying out for. Once he builds a bit more size and starts accumulating more of the pill, could easily become our best mid for some time.

7 Likes

But did he actually go with him

Durometer

9 Likes

I’m not surprised, MF!

Never saw this coming. I think people are getting carried away by calling him elite, but his raw attributes are elite.

Get him around the ball more, like we’re doing with an inside mid role, and we’ll see the benefits. He’s only turning 23 this year too. Within the next 2 years he will put on more size and strength and that’s when I expect him to be in his prime.

4 Likes

How about now?

Yep, nice work.

Would still sack him. In a heartbeat…

1 Like

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Made this call a while ago in october last year, so glad to see him doing well in that position.

3 Likes

@Stallion

4 Likes

Let’s keep him on for another 20 years then

Same, I was call for this a while ago. It just made sense to me. I also think Redman and Martin would make decent midfielders too.

1 Like

Watched the replay this morning as I was out Friday night and only saw the game probably from HT onwards. He was so important. Uncompromising attack on the footy and his ability to get through congestion with his power and strength is something we don’t really have in our midfield without him. Durham in, Setterfield out, IMO it balances out better having that extra dynamism in the centre square. Very good game, especially as he was working off Bontempelli and took the chocolates.

1 Like

It’s interesting our 2 rookie picks in Durham and Martin seem to have arguably the best skill sets in the team, yet our top 10 picks often have flaws in their game. I think this is dodoro’s achilles heel, his always been good at late picks, but early ones he rarely seems to nail.

4 Likes

He takes too many risks with early picks. We often select project players.

Ridley
Merrett
Hooker
Orazio
Tippa

Literally the best guys he’s ever chosen are non first round picks. Compared to the likes of francis, myers, gumby, laycock, cox etc

3 Likes

7 Likes

Not excusing Dodos performance but it does show our development is also ordinary, particularly for the draftees. Hopefully the club is truly fixing this.