1 Like

overrated the last few years? he’s 22.

3 Likes

Mass was out of their vfl program too

Again.

More Duzz like

1 Like

AFLCA votes: Durham scores full marks

Burgeoning midfielder rewarded after stellar game.

Midfielder Sam Durham has taken out full votes in round five’s AFLCA’s Champion Player Award.

Both coaches awarded the 22-year-old with full votes after his impactful game on Western Bulldogs Captain Marcus Bontempelli. Durham nullified the five-time All Australian while gathering 21 disposals, six important clearances and kicking the match winning goal.

Wingman and first-year recruit Xavier Duursma was judges second best afield after a 20-disposal and two-goal effort, while defender Mason Redman and skipper Zach Merrett both earned four votes apiece.

Western Bulldogs v Essendon

10 Samuel Durham (ESS)
6 Xavier Duursma (ESS)
4 Mason Redman (ESS)
4 Zach Merrett (ESS)
2 Harrison Jones (ESS)
2 Kyle Langford (ESS)
1 Jamarra Ugle-Hagan (WB)
1 Taylor Duryea (WB)

5 Likes

How good was all his teammates getting around him after he hit Packo on the tit.

4 Likes

5 Likes

SAMUEL.

2 Likes

LOL Did you see the photos taken of Duzza during the preseason?
He is built like the hulk.

I like that we seemed to have mixed up the coaches votes in win, its not just 1 player

Perkins v Hawks
McGrath v Saints
Durham v Doggies

But Merrett consistently is in the votes, just not best on.

1 Like

LOL. I know which side you mean and yeah, it’s good to see different players hitting their straps. Not just leaving it to Zac Merrett to carry the side on his shoulders.

Just imagine if one day, they all played to their vote winning levels with regularity. There is the nucleus of a good side here at Essendon, they need to find consistency.

I’ve stated to friends and family over the past two years that team Essendon perform worse than the sum of their total parts. It’s nice to now see the cogs in the Bomber machinery meshing together a bit better and Sam Durham stepping up and turning himself into a vital cog.

2 Likes

Let’s see which of you arseholes are trustworthy and which are arseholes: who knows this tune?

I hear it everytime Sammy does something great.

The future is from Seymour, today.

2 Likes

Da fuq? :joy:

3 Likes

I think of this

2 Likes

Don’t know why a website called Perthnow is running with this but onya Sam, doing very well for yourself here.

3 Likes

There’d be plenty who’d love a hard ball get from Duz. Incredible where he’s gotten in such a short time from his first video interview at the club to now.

kicking goals on and off field

5 Likes

Fairly unqualified positivity in here, what a relief.

Is fast becoming an iconic figure at the Bombers, beginning to occupy that spiritual void left by Tippa. Wonder if inclusion in the leadership group next year would be a good idea…have a suspicion it’d elevate his game yet again.

Seems like every week Durham demonstrates another skill at which he can become elite; two 55m kicks into 50 this week, in particular.

But there are so many other signs that he’s a quality player in waiting.

5 Likes

I think we need to take a deep breath.

Iconic? Hes played a few good games this season and has been a tough, solid contributor prior to that.

Lets see how the remainder of this season plays out for him I reckon.

1 Like

For me, he’s one of our most consistent players. I’ve always seen him as one of those solid, reliable B Grade players you build a winning team and talent around.

But from what I’ve seen lately, he may exceed my expectations.

2 Likes