#22 Sam Durham - thru to 2028!

Because there was too much positivity about his performance so he had to come up with something negative.

17 Likes

Never said I did expect him to be consistent. I just said that like Essendon he is still inconsistent.

I really like Durham, plays with natural Essendon Edge unlike others.

His output is a bit inconsistent but his effort isnā€™t.

5 Likes

I agree with that.

I think the beauty of having Durham, Perkins and Setters as big bodied options, as well as Caldwell, Merrett, Parish and Hobbs etc is that it means that if one of those players is getting soundly beaten or not having a great game, we can rotate them around and have someone else stand up.

For so long itā€™s been Merrett/Parish and then daylight so the key to stopping the bombers was stopping one or both of those. They had less than 50 disposals between them on Friday but they didnā€™t need to have superstar games to get us across the line. Wouldnā€™t happen often (With both of them playing)

2 Likes

One big thing is he seems to have cleaned up those inexplicable handballs over or behind a receiver or to the oppo in between. It happens to everyone occasionally, but it used to make me jumpy when he got the ball. Maybe heā€™s just getting comfortable with the pace.

1 Like

You would usually use the word inconsistent to describe a player who goes to a high level that weā€™ve seen several times before interspersed between periods of average or mediocre performances, not someone who 2 days ago played probably his best game of his career going pound to pound with the compā€™s MVP and coming out on top.

Iā€™d call that ā€œimproving, and just ascending another peak on the way up.ā€

6 Likes

What a thoroughly meaningless statement. No one can say, and no one has. You are jumping at shadows that arenā€™t there.

2 Likes

I wouldnā€™t call any of them big-bodied. Theyā€™re medium sized at best.

1 Like

Didnā€™t see it mentioned on a quick skim - scored a perfect 10 in the coachesā€™ votes this round.

2 Likes

I thought Durham was wildy over rated in the past few years, a few good games here and there scattered with a lot of meh games of middling at best impact on the wings. Must say heā€™s been excellent this year, his toughness was never doubted, but he has super quick hands, great agility and kicked 2 absolute lace out pealers to Stringer with great delivery. I donā€™t know how good he can be, but to see him hunt down the ball with fantaticism is a beautiful thing to watch and a welcome change.

8 Likes

2021 Duz love

2 Likes

I love it when you are wrong

1 Like

Cleaned up Bont, my boy

Well done Sam. Love the way you play
Keep it up all the time and improve where you can

1 Like

From day dot!

1 Like

Most Richmond people were devastated that we picked him, many were impressed with his VFL form.

3 Likes

say the line! @Stallion

1 Like

We had the pick before them which definitely helped!

1 Like

Can we get another Sam Durham type from Richmonds VFL?