#23 David Myers Retyers

Maybe this thread should be locked now.

1 Like

I love that he loves the club and is seemingly a top bloke.

I don’t love his output on the field.

If any of you fkn idiots think Myers is in our best 22, then you have absolutely zero idea about footy

I said prior to the game I kinda understood his inclusion on the back of that JLT game, trying to be positive, trying to think this time will be different

But Nup. Bring him in after injury. Be worst on. Blindly kick out of packs. Be caught holding the ball.

Wash
Rinse
Repeat
Get injured
Repeat

Should never play another game for us. I don’t blame him. I bet he’s a ripping bloke. I blame the fkn idiots who select him who don’t see what us fkn retards can see from a mile away

10 Likes

Fixt

I deleted my post, PP. And rightfully so. I shouldn’t have picked out a single player. I think you are overreacting, though, to the word itself. It simply means lacking in effort and not willing to have a go. Nothing against his character. Seems like a decent bloke off-field. But, there is no way that you can defend him and say that he was having a go today. Granted, he should have been at the coalface a bit more. Crashing his ‘big body’ into a few of their runners. But, he is cooked. Well and truly done. I never saw him diving into packs and trying to extract the ball. Not once. In fact, he panicked at shadows and hoofed the ball into the stratosphere whenever a Doggies player got near him. Has been out of the game for far too long and has lost his game sense. Use whatever word you want, but AS A TEAM, we were pea-hearted, insipid, disinterested today. Not only David.

1 Like

Fair enough.

I have no problem with you calling him ‘sh*t at football.’

2 Likes

To go your whole career without developing your non-dominant side is damning IMO.

And I suspect the coaches do little about it…in fact, remember when everyone at our club was telling Kobe Mutch to focus on kicking just on one side?!

As Smythy would say…

Fkg concur.

I think it’s all been said

2 Likes

Very true, and isn’t that something Beveridge is meant to have said to the players once being appointed by the Doggies? Learn to kick on both sides or you are gone. Think I heard that somewhere. As for today, players couldn’t hit targets on their dominant side. From the AFL site: “The territorial advantage for the Bulldogs, and some errant kicking by the Bombers (32-18 clanger kicks), contributed to a 32-20 lead in forward half intercepts and a 52-15 advantage in scores from this source”. Wow!

1 Like

Actually I will say this. The modern game demands flexibility. It demands multiple numbers going through the midfield to maintain the intensity.

Myers is arguably the least flexible player in the team and his nowhere near good enough to be able to justify his spot in the 22 inspite of this.

He’s a liability in defence. We’ve all known that for years. He’s useless as a forward because he can’t mark, he’s not quick enough to crumb, and he isn’t creative or clean enough with ball.

Langford just offers so much more in every single way other the shear grunt. But Myers can’t be picked for grunt alone in the modern game because good sides will just expose his multitude of weaknesses.

2 Likes

Clarke, 30 touches and 10 tackles in the vfl
Langford 25 and 7

One of them simply has to play next week.

10 Likes

66% game time

WTF? Why do we have players running with such low game time. Surely we should be sharing the midfield load?

1 Like

I think we can now safely move beyond the Myers/Langford dichotomy and expand it to a Myers/literally-anybody-else-on-the-list… uh… polychotomy? Whatever, just anybody else please.

4 Likes

Zerret and stringer in the same boat. Lowest of anyone on the ground

He’s a senior experienced hardened mid who we need to protect the kids and provide instruction around the stoppages.

He’s played 14 games under Worsfold, ■■■■■■ if I know how he understands the stoppages any better than Langford or Parish or even Tippa.

Yes but the muppets on here weren’t suggesting they be picked as the senior hardened mid ™.

Yeah well he has proved it don’t mean ■■■■.

Hell other clubs kids carv us up each week, surely we have cottoned on to the fact kids can have an impact.

I think it comes down to a deep seated arrogance more than anything. Every other club has a look at kids early in the year.
We think we know what our best 22 is already, and just need to wait for everyone to be fit.

2 Likes