#23 David Myers Retyers

I’m not sure what your counter argument is here? The sides were bad and didn’t accomplish much?

Ok, lets call Watson, Merrett and everyone else ■■■■ too. We didn’t accomplish anything with them, so clearly they are terrible and shouldn’t have been selected.

You’re trying to say that YOU don’t get why he’s in the side yet 10 premierships and over 1,500 games of worth of experience does get why he’s in the side.

Can you perhaps maybe concede that the problem isn’t with the champions of our game, and maybe it’s you?

3 Likes

I think he’s got you snookered there, Sauce.

How is the problem with me?

There is no evidence to say they are correct. He isn’t very good, I’m not the only one who says this. And the experience of the coaches means nothing.

THEY WEREN’T VERY GOOD COACHES!!! HENCE THE LACK OF SUCCESS!!!

Not really. He is basing it on our experienced coaches picking him over the years. But we have been ■■■■ for years.

3 Likes

which Merrett?..just jk

You’re right, I apologise. Bomba Thompson and John Worsfold, Premiership Coaches, are terrible and Saucy, who watches the TV, knows all.

Backed up by B1 and B2 on Bomberblitz to provide irrefutable proof.

Send your resume in and see who gets an interview - if they are “terrible” how would it make you look to not even get a call?

Before you comment again can you pop over to AFL Tables and perhaps look at the winning percentages of David Myers, Jobe Watson and Zach Merrett? One of these players has a winning percentage of over 50%… you can guess who.

Perhaps there is a slight chance you don’t understand his role? You don’t understand what he’s ASKED to do, so you’re essentially making ■■■■ up in your own head what YOU want and when he’s failing to deliver what YOU want, but delivers what he’s asked, you “don’t get it”?

Help me help you.

1 Like

not for essendon they weren’t. Neither won a final coaching us. Though Worsfold still might.

citing a players winning % is just silly. How many games can you say wow, Myers really helped us secure that win.

Absolutely no point having him up forward, will do no damage up there with his attributes (besides kicking)

People need to get over this Myers hate. He is more likely to get a new 5 year deal than to be dropped this week.

1 Like

YT has loved myers even before he was drafted to us. None of you will convince him that myers is a plodder

1 Like

Dude, how many finals have we won since 2001? How many finals have we made?

If you want to talk about stats, the stats are on my side in that case.

You just have to watch him play and you can see he is not actually up to the pace of the game. You are trying to use past coaches picking Myers as your argument, but you seem to fail to mentioned we have been terrible for nearly twenty years.

He does sound like a little fanboy.

Our winning record over the past 15 years has nothing to do with this argument.
The fact that Myers is 30-ish and not going to get any better has a lot to do with it, however.

2 Likes

Myers WILL be selected for the rest of the year and YOU WILL LIKE IT

2 Likes

It’s not hate, just frustrating seeing the same thing happen over and over again and it never gets fixed.

I agree 100%, he isn’t getting dropped unless he drops himself

Only talking about it because he is bringing up our past coaches. I wouldn’t have otherwise.

Honestly, I have no hate towards Myers as a person. I hope he has a lovely life when he is finished football. I am only criticising his playing ability.

Out: D. Myers - Self Omitted

1 Like

The other thing that should stop being thrown around is the whole ‘dropped himself’ thing. Because you have no idea what happened there, and it’s not right to keep bringing it up to support your argument.

1 Like

There is a difference, though.
Myers is one player, who has been selected/preferred/whatever by a number of very experienced people. But as one player, he does not make much of a difference to what you infer as a sub-par’20 years’.

1 Like

drunk posting is way worse.
i tend to hide for a couple of days after a match day thread when that happens, just cos well you know , well in actually fact most would remember better what i say than i do … shudders.

1 Like

He was saying all of these coaches, with so much experience keep picking him, as if that is some sort of argument. The fact is, we haven’t been very good for a long time, meaning all of those experienced coaches have all made a huge amount of mistakes.

I believe continuing to play Myers is one they all share. I have never said he is the sole reason we have been terrible for so long. That would be farking insane.

all those ex coaches have been sacked also,

2 Likes