#23 David Myers Retyers

We clearly disagree on what constitutes ‘serviceable’. I would say Heath Hocking had a serviceable career, and he contributed far more than Myers ever did and he should have been kept over Myers.

He literally isn’t capable of performing at senior level. His reaction time and speed are far too slow, and he cannot keep up with the game. He shouldn’t be on a senior list.

He has done really well in the VFL. Even when he is gone at the end of the season, I hope he continues to play there, just not getting paid an AFL salary.

This is a fantastic topic of conversation in 2015.

You still believe the coaches had no say in him being dropped?? haha.

hahahahahahahahahaha!

1 Like

at essendon it does

1 Like

mate, he has dropped himself twice!!

and you still believe it was all his decision each time?

Yep, we disagree.

There is no way, in my opinion, that there would have been any discussion of him not going on after last season as he was valuable and had a very good year.

He hasn’t been serviceable this season. Heath was shot and, as I say above, given that Myers, Zach and Hepp were top 3 for clearances and contested possessions last season I don’t see how anyone would have rather Heath Hocking be on the list above Myers but you do so that to me is a surprise.

If you actually knew anything about the first time, he withdrew for other reasons.

1 Like

Yeah, the saga was such a boon for him. Lucky bugger.

2 Likes

ESSENDON veteran David Myers dropped himself from the Bombers’ line-up three weeks ago in a bid to promote some of the club’s younger midfield talents.

AFL.com.au understands the 29-year-old spoke with coach John Worsfold after Essendon’s last-gasp loss to Sydney in round eight and offered to head back to the VFL as he battled a form slump.

The selfless move is understood to have surprised some at the club, but Myers, who is a member of Essendon’s leadership group, was keen to see its younger brigade of players get more opportunities in the midfield.

Find AFL Exchange on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts and Spotify.

Since then, Myers has been in brilliant form at VFL level, averaging 27 disposals and two goals in the past three weeks.

He has also impressed with his leadership and approach with more inexperienced teammates while playing at state level. It is unclear when Myers will put his hand back up for senior selection.

WHO MAKES FINALS? Do the 2019 Ladder Predictor

He is out of contract at the end of this year, with his future uncertain beyond 2019.

Myers said after last week’s game that it was important to see the progress of the Bombers, who are early in their careers.

“My role back here is to help these young guys and teach them how to play. I’m really enjoying watching their development,” Myers told Channel Seven.

“[I’m] at a later stage of my career, I’m nearly at the end, and it really gives me a sense of enjoyment to watch them come along. They’re helping me a lot and I’m really enjoying it.”

If you believe those fluff articles then good for you.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I can’t see the point bagging Myers or Bags anymore. They only came in because of our huge amount of injuries, they wouldn’t have got farewell games otherwise (refer Stants last year & he played way more games than these 2) & yet blokes still pot them? They are leaving in a few weeks anyway, what is the point anymore.
And playing Mynott or Mossie when they haven’t earnt it? Then the loss against the Doggies would have been 160 points & the supporters would have been even more feral than normal, saying why pick blokes that aren’t at least in form.
This point of gifting young blokes games for the only reason that they are playing on next season is a crock of shitte.

9 Likes

Another tea drinking Pom aye ?

There are some malignant bastards around here.

Remember he got the most improved last year and we gave up Riolo for him in the draft

The funny part is if we did pick up Riolo he may have gone to hawthorn and may have been involved in 4 flags

Why would we want to pick up the geek who designed this forum ?

5 Likes

I agree with you, but M. Johnson was more than serviceable.

1 Like

They’re easy targets for the real tough guys.

4 Likes