#23 David Myers Retyers

Is myers going to lift a few gears or are we seeing the best of him?

Will lift. First full season in the midfield. Plenty of scope for improvement.

"It is understood that contrary to speculation there is a condition in Myers' contract stating that under no circumstances is he to be played in the centre and will be utilised exclusively as a 3rd tall back from this point on"

get out.
Could be a mobile HBF.

Defensive mid

Alex Song

I do expect a really good season from Myers, and improved seasons ahead.
He has been a slow developer, but I think he could be a top player for seasons to come.

Integral.

Lets hope so. I think if he doesn't continue to improve he could well lose his spot in the best 22.

Check out his under 18 video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZymacYaAhE

Lets hope he can channel some of that speed, agility and running. Maybe at the expense of some bulk.

Would be an absolute weapon.

Still one of my favourite players. Does have rough areas that he must continue to work on on but I still believe he can become more than just a decent player because of his talents inside the tapouts. I think he will continually rise (think Ted Richards gradual rise) to become a monster clearance machine like Josh Kennedy. We’ve all seen it in little bursts (Myers game as sub vs Sydney) so hopefully we’ll see more of his star qualities next season. I’m a believer.

Jesus - I didn't realise he's only played 65 games. He'd be forgiven for having a quite a good year in 2014, then enter his (excellent) prime from 2015 onwards. They can't all be Joel Selwoods.
As a mid-level player on the list, he'll probably be pretty close top-level, from a league-wide perspective. If that's right - and it feels right, though obviously i'm biased - it means our top mids are absolute cream (or elite, if I have to use that word). 2014 we push for a premiership. 2015 I'm pretty much expecting one.

hahahahahaha

Sensational photo 

1383220_10151880930979356_396749721_n.pn

Sensational photo
1383220_10151880930979356_396749721_n.pn

One of the most positive images from a horrible year. The big Myers FU.

Sash is distorted.

Congrats on your first full season of footy David. Took y

Jesus - I didn't realise he's only played 65 games. He'd be forgiven for having a quite a good year in 2014, then enter his (excellent) prime from 2015 onwards. They can't all be Joel Selwoods.
As a mid-level player on the list, he'll probably be pretty close top-level, from a league-wide perspective. If that's right - and it feels right, though obviously i'm biased - it means our top mids are absolute cream (or elite, if I have to use that word). 2014 we push for a premiership. 2015 I'm pretty much expecting one.

Elite will always be a better word than cream. Always.

AOD9604: elite cream.

I was always a bit confused about what exactly he is grabbing. I guess just the jumper, but it’s kind of funny that if you were to pin point it he would be holding the AFL logo. Clearly loves their work.

He’s got a lot of front.

He's got a lot of front.

I see what you did there.

tried having a discussion with a melbourne supporter that was telling me how melbourne were crazy to chase myers and as i tried to highlight his improvement from some pretty injury interrupted years i said wait 12 months and see how he goes in 2014.......... fingers crossed he keeps building his booming left footy is something of beauty!

Big fan, glad he stayed.

Reports of him leaving seemed out of step, everything he does shows he bleeds red and black.

Essendon FC ‏@EssendonFC 4m

Thumbs up! David Myers finalises his new two year extension. #datlefthoof #godons pic.twitter.com/afJ3XxQVTM

BeJ8Z9zCQAEAU9a.jpg

Essendon FC ‏@EssendonFC 4m
Thumbs up! David Myers finalises his new two year extension. #datlefthoof #godons pic.twitter.com/afJ3XxQVTM
BeJ8Z9zCQAEAU9a.jpg

I'd like to see another version except giving the finger to the media or whoever linked him to wanting to leave.