#23 David Myers Retyers

That one v GWS is fkd. He is easily 65m out when he kicks it, maybe more, and it bounces around 10m beyond the goal line, it could well have been an 80m kick.
Still not as 'unbelievable' as that one that Buddy kicked the other night; I mean that was from inside the centre square. THE CENTRE SQUARE DERMOTT!!!!!
...Of a fkn auskick ground
The SCG, the one place on earth where one metre is eighty centimetres.
They actually did stretch the ground a little. The fifties and centre square are legit fifty.

It does look like a toy/boutique ground when you’re there, though.

I agree the interpretation of reality they present is embarrassing. It’s alright, we’ll be a one-paper town soon.

As much as the age is terrible, being a one paper town is not going to be a good thing. And if that one paper is the H-S we’re well and truly stuffed.

One paper makes it easier for the afl to control it’s message. And the same can be said for any and every dodgy organisation that wants to make a villain out of someone who happens to get on their wrong side.

Yep, be very careful what you wish for, no need to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

If I actually read newspapers still, I would buy both, throw the Scum away bar the sports section, and replace the crappy part of the Rage with it. Job done.

I find the Age sports section makes an excellent receptacle for the vegetable peelings from Sunday’s roast. There is something wonderfully cathartic about peeling spuds onto an image of The Witch’s face.

Dempsey is one of the best kicks in the side, dunno what games you watch, but you seem to remember single incidents against a body of other evidence.

Like those who think Stanton is a bad kick because he gets smothered about 5 times a year. The other 400 times he kicks well, but nah ‘bad kick’.

Dempsey is sometime too adventerous in his decisions, but technically he is a great kick. Stanton is sometimes too slow to get the ball to foot, and his variety of kicks is limited, but he is a good accurate kick.

Yeah demps has only had his ‘kicking licence’ back for a couple of years, bomber revoked it iirc

Is it me or are we starting to get a nice core of kickers in the side.

Myers a massive and accurate
Hurley a massive and accurate
Harltley a massive and accurate
Tippa very accurate and at pace
Hibbered long and accurate
Dempsey accurate
Baguely long and accurate
Zerrett accurate and a goal sense
Fantasia accurate and a real goal sense
Parish accurate and a real goal sense
Zaka accurate
Goddard long and accurate

Zaka has as much goal sense as any midfielder on the list. I'm not sure what Fantasia and Parish have done to elevate themselves to the top of that particular trait either on exposed form.

I don’t know about Dempsey in that list. He’s pretty up and down disposal wise.

Dempsey is one of the best kicks in the side, dunno what games you watch, but you seem to remember single incidents against a body of other evidence.

Like those who think Stanton is a bad kick because he gets smothered about 5 times a year. The other 400 times he kicks well, but nah ‘bad kick’.

Dempsey is sometime too adventerous in his decisions, but technically he is a great kick. Stanton is sometimes too slow to get the ball to foot, and his variety of kicks is limited, but he is a good accurate kick.

I rate Dempsey as a player, but not so much for his kicking. I’d say he’s about average in this area.

Is it me or are we starting to get a nice core of kickers in the side.

Myers a massive and accurate
Hurley a massive and accurate
Harltley a massive and accurate
Tippa very accurate and at pace
Hibbered long and accurate

Dempsey accurate
Baguely long and accurate
Zerrett accurate and a goal sense
Fantasia accurate and a real goal sense
Parish accurate and a real goal sense
Zaka accurate
Goddard long and accurate

The ones in bold are good kicks, the others are average.

Bags kicking is above average. It’s one of the key attributes that he was drafted for.

I agree the interpretation of reality they present is embarrassing. It’s alright, we’ll be a one-paper town soon.

As much as the age is terrible, being a one paper town is not going to be a good thing. And if that one paper is the H-S we’re well and truly stuffed.

One paper makes it easier for the afl to control it’s message. And the same can be said for any and every dodgy organisation that wants to make a villain out of someone who happens to get on their wrong side.

Yep, be very careful what you wish for, no need to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

If I actually read newspapers still, I would buy both, throw the Scum away bar the sports section, and replace the crappy part of the Rage with it. Job done.

I find the Age sports section makes an excellent receptacle for the vegetable peelings from Sunday’s roast. There is something wonderfully cathartic about peeling spuds onto an image of The Witch’s face.

I was more thinking the best use would be as the bottom lining for a bird cage. Hopefully one with birds that are well fed.

First banned player to check into Tullamarine today. Hoping he has an injury free year next year. He is criminally underrated and makes a huge difference when playing.

First banned player to check into Tullamarine today. Hoping he has an injury free year next year. He is criminally underrated and makes a huge difference when playing.

Media hacks will be camped out in the TVC carpark for a few days until the novelty wears off, only to re-appear at the club when Jobes ban is lifted, because the appearance of Jobe at the club will be big news

its Myer FFS

will be hoofing them into the media huddles

Dempsey’s a horrible kick.

I don’t think he’s criminally underrated. We overrate him because we know what he can do. Unfortunately for David he has been held back by injury so he hasn’t been able to do it consistently.

How can he be underrated when he doesn’t get on the park?

“Shows promise”
“Has great potential”

I wonder if next year is the year he finally justifies being picked ahead of certain players in the draft. He just needs a big year and we can definitely do with it.

I wonder if next year is the year he finally justifies being picked ahead of certain players in the draft. He just needs a big year and we can definitely do with it.

sorry but that ships sailed. All he can do is make the most of the rest of his career and hopefully not get injured next year and plays the season out.

sorry but that ships sailed. All he can do is make the most of the rest of his career and hopefully not get injured next year and plays the season out.

I see 3 flags and a Brownlow from here on…

Just hope for him he can keep his body right, is a gun player when on

I’m not sure what you mean by players in the draft - do you think they will be best 22 ahead of Myers?

I think what this year has shown is that if you play too many young kids you only win 3 games.

Parish had a good taste, and for good reason, but I think we will go back to first year players playing NAB Challenge and then getting a only a handful of games in their first year.

Not that the older crew of Stanton, Howlett, Watson, Hocking, Myers will necessarily play every game together, but I think we will consolidate on the development of the guys like Parish/Langford/Laverde/Fanta/Francis and keep picking them regardless of form before we start playing new kids.

I think he means Rioli.