#23 David Myers Retyers

but elite blocking…

I like David Myers

1 Like

Myers was not alone, there were a lot of players who were nothing but passengers today. We were woeful and Carlton did not want to win and bugger up that second pick in the draft.

I thought there were many worse. He did better as the game went on. That said, needs to do better.

Gee he’s one dimential and has very limited vision.

Do those of you who go on about his clearances watch games or just read stats?

Yes he gets a few clearances, throw onto his boot in hope and generally just go sky high to wherever the gods decide

Does no damage except occasionally damages our own momentum

Do you watch his clearances. We don’t have anyone else apart from the old man Watson who does what he be does. I’m not saying Myers is elite but have a look at his one hand push offs while kicking the ball. It may not be to a target but we are getting killed in clearances and he is the only one who can at least stand up in a contest. Our midfield is deficient in one particular area and he and jobe and parish are the only ones who do anything. Bird is no better at getting an effective kick forward. We need to get a Bont or a Danger or a Martin but Myers is all we have. Crows will rip us apart next week. I would rather have Myers in there than anyone else on the list.

5 Likes

The guy has been around for such a long time and still hasnt come on

Please trade or delist

I thought it was his better (if not best) games of the year. He was about on par with anyone else. If Myers can build on this performance then it’s a good sign.

4 Likes

3rd best on AFL site.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

2 Likes

Afl are kind to work experience kids.

1 Like

How the fark this bloke is still getting a game is beyond me.

I can think of plenty worse games he’s played, this year too. He wasn’t great by any stretch, but some of his inside work was actually okay imo

1 Like

He played well yesterday.

1 Like

Would rather be putting time into Begley or Langford.

1 Like

We just keep perpetuating our standard of mediocrity
Try someone else, if it fails so be it but we know well and truly that Myers is very average by now

Selfish player. Never gives a handball. Just long bombs the ball for behinds or straight to the opposition.

What absolute crap.
His handball to teammates from a contested situation is the only thing he has been good at this year.

Just watched the replay…his inside grunt work was good today I thought.
Did bugger all else but hoping he can build from it

Yeah wow. Read most of the negative comments and then watched the replay, he was actually pretty decent. People see his hoofs forward and automatically think it’s mindless but quite a few were good bombs to 50/50 contests. I noticed a few of these where our player was in good position because of the kick but just didn’t take the mark e.g. Stewart.

With Watson’s output decreasing by the week, Myers becomes more important IMO.

3 Likes