#23 David Myers Retyers

This guy does nothing except hack it forward to the oppositions advantage.

Had to love that beautiful kick into the corridor in that second quarter that in some way missed 4 wide open Essendon players and managed to pick out the only Carlton player in the vicinity. It was an impossible kick to pull off and yet somehow he did.

Sums the team up really and we gave this guy a 3 year deal last year.

Mind. Boggling.

3 Likes

Is “Tagging Gibbs” blitz is gunna explode we are attempting a tag.

1 Like

He literally has one trick… get ball and hack it forward… usually (statistically insane) st8 to opposition. I mean I have watched last three games with an non-EFC supporter and we had to stop the drinking game… Myers gets ball… Myers turns ball over. It has now become a bit of a running joke (except I’m not laughing).

How are coaches not seeing this?? In the modern game where turnovers result in fast goal scoring chains… he becomes a huge liability. Slow as wet cement and turning circle that would make a truck look nippy.

I’m not sold on Laverde or Langford but at least give them a shot over this bloke.

9 years younger and both a lot of talent. Essendon will be lucky to keep them

Only 2 more years of Myers to go.

1 Like

his game is literally stand in pack, swing round on right foot, hoof blindly 40m in the air and 20m forward

1 Like

Pay out his contract if need be and move him on

He’ll cushy up his possession tally and watch some idiots defend him with “wins hard ball” or “the team plays better with him in”. He’s done, can’t kick, slow, no obvious skills aside from strength which adds nothing. Pay out his contract already.

Sick of him being gifted games. Trade or delist I don’t care

He was okay. Just can’t be our #1 inside mid.

until a herculean individual effort from walla we were out. not a tactical or strategic win but a player stepping up. Thats the ■■■■■■■ problem with this team, we should have put carlton to rest by half time and be up by 50 instead we win by 10. fmd.

1 Like

And we play him instead of Langford? WTF

I’m a staunch defender of Myers, but he was awful today.

He hoofs when he should handball and he handballs when he should hoof

1 Like

What’s most disappointing about Myers is he has a tremendous weapon but is reluctant to use it. It almost seems like he’s being coached out of using his left cannon, he is that reluctant to use it when he could and should.

1 Like

What? He’s gone for more 60 meter goals this year than ever before imo. And if you are talking about in general play he is just as often inaccurate as he is accurate with long raking kicks so I’m happy for him to reign those in.

What’s most disappointing about Myers is that he is simply a mediocre player.

2 Likes

BBB Bring Back Bird

I must be watching a different game.

1 Like

I don’t rate him at all but I thought he was slightly okay in the second half

When was the last time this guy hit a target?

2015? 2014?

2 Likes