#23 David Myers Retyers

He has been underwhelming most of the season. It appears he has been gifted games by Woosha, because his output has been substandard, he hasn’t earnt selection based on form.

Needs to be delisted. The only hurdle is his contract, with 2 years left to run. l would consider almost any trade as an instant upgrade.

1 Like

Yep. 100%. I’m very disappointed in his season.

People really think he’s going to be delisted?

He was picked every week he was fit other than when he dropped himself. Coaches clearly think he’s best 22.

1 Like

Delist if there’s a better option. If not, keep him. Unfortunately, because I think he’s next to useless. However, that’s the reality.

He has a contract to stay until the end of 2019. We can’t delist him.

And what a huge stuff up that was, should’ve been a 1 year deal. You don’t give out 3 year deals to 28 year olds who have taken 10 years to get to 100 games in the hope they’ll come good. But as you stated we’ll be seeing him in the No.23 for another two seasons at least

1 Like

What do you think Collingwood will do with Chris Mayne? He has another 3 years. They will bite the bullet and pay out the contract and get rid of him.

I think Myers will get one more year because Jobe has retired as he is literally our only big bodied mid. Not saying he should but I think it will pan out that way.

Im a bit of a fan of Myers. I think there’s genuine likelihood that he will be better next year due to role, preseason and most importantly some pace around him.

But. From the Brisbane game onwards, every match he was given would have been far better served being given to Langford. An incredibly bland and non productive year.

1 Like

Incorrect
We won’t though

how will Myers improve with pace around him? he can barely get a handpass out these days, he is as cumbersome as a ruckman, seriously, he is pure scania

3 Likes

I guess because someone needed to help Jobe get the ball out to our fairy midfield. And it was either him or Bird. Well fkd either way.

It still counts to your salary cap for those years though doesn’t it? Why would you hamstring yourself if that’s the case.

People saying: “Find whoever gave him 3 years and sack them!”

That would be Dodoro who is the list manager responsible for the negotiation of all player contracts, wouldn’t it?

1 Like

Yep. Unless every player was given an extra year as part of the Saga fallout/compo/lawsuit thingy.

WC are losing Priddis and Mitchell, whatever we can get for our contracted inside mid future captain left hoof WA boy we should try to.

And perhaps we been playing him in seniors more than Langford/others because if there was any currency at all to be gained from a trade it had to be with him getting senior game time.

2 Likes

I liked the passage of play where he hoofed the clearance forward…made his way to the next stoppage in our forward line, kicked the goal
2 clearances bang goal
Was great
I like Dave

IF…IF… this works out that way. I’ll owe Worsfold and the selection team an apology.

Seriously you’d be lucky to get a 4th for Myers

I think Myers value is well beyond what I can see. I was blown away when he won the defensive player of the year back in 2014 and I guess he just does work in the middle that is difficult for fans to understand.
I think his defensive work is blocking and protecting for his teammates. I don’t believe he does any type of run with roles.
On face value, I would say he didn’t have a great year. Turns the ball over and doesn’t get a hell of a lot of it. But, having said that, I’m sure I’m missing something because he’s rated so highly at the club.

2 Likes

Apparently Melbourne (Goodwin) were into him… and Saints too…

I reckon you could approach either team with a trade option… swap of first rounders (ie a few places upgrades) and a second rounder… just see if we could get a fool to jump.

Would be nice to go into the draft with a top 10 pick and 2 mid second rounders… could fill some holes in the list and get rid of this dud.