#23 David Myers Retyers

Not drunk.

Yep he played badly, but I thought Hurley and Goddard were about our worst. Daniher was not far behind, Stringer did not much, and there were many others.

Deep down you all know he’s playing next week. Got to give the man a second game back to find form.

And we will all post the same posts same place same time next week.

It’s also why it takes so long for us to make decisions on kids. Play then for stints of 5-10 weeeks and you have a fair idea if they are worth keeping. We give them two games and then hang the hat on the one good thing they did for two years before giving them a charity extension.

It’s like this years crop, all low picks in a crap draft year. Surely we cant keep all of them at the season end, we must know one or two are a dud already.

I think we collectively had 15 tackles in the entire first half. Granted, the Doggies only had 17-18 as well. 17 between those two blokes? More than our 22 in a half of footy. On that pressure alone, they should be picked.

Hard to find any players who played well, but I actually thought Hurley was one of our better players. Shouldn’t even be in the same convo as Myers.

2 Likes

That is extremely harsh on Mark Bolton. He was a more than handy footballer.

Also, I have defended Myers on here for years and today is the first time I’m starting to think I may be wrong. He gets another game on the basis pretty much everyone was garbage and some blokes have been garbage two weeks in a row now. But he plays like that again, I’m all for him having a long stint in the VFL.

1 Like

Are you meaning that compared to their expected best those guys were further away from that than Myers because you can’t seriously suggest they all contributed less overall can you? None of those guys were great, no argument there but none of those guys were “OMFG do you even know how to football” bad. Myers was that bad.

Keep drinking

He can’t play next week.

How much more do I need to drink before your posts make any rational sense?

4 Likes

I honestly reckon Bolton was/is a better footballer than Myers

7 Likes

Go to man when we needed some one on Adam Goodes

Credit to Myers for forcing Worsfold to explore the idea of moving players when they’re not working as per Plan A.

He was worse down back and irrelevant forward, so I assume Worsfold has learnt his lesson and won’t try any of those highfalutin moves again.

4 Likes

Career ending game today.

3 Likes

The irony of Myers - a guy who’s strung together two very brief stints of semi decent football in over a decade - is that, in a few weeks, people will be clamouring for Colyer - a guy who’s strung together one brief stint of semi decent football in nearly a decade - to come back into the side.

Let idiocracy reign.

5 Likes

Bolton blanketed goodes at the heigh of his powers what did Myers do?

Oh, man. Don’t get me started. I’m trying my hardest not to single out Myers, as there is clearly plenty of love for him still in this thread, but if you go down the Colyer path, I don’t know if I can control myself or not. Promise that I will try hard and not use that PH word again. It’s inflammatory, except on game day (when anything goes).

Didn’t want him in the team, didn’t see a place for him, watched him fall into dudes’ backs, grab the ball and throw it on the boot blindly, fumble balls into opposition hands, fail to punch in defensive contests.

Never understood why someone who had done so little was elevated to the leadership group, now it seems that role guarantees him a place on the team no matter how rusty or far off his limited best he may be.

Just a sad predictable call naming him this week.

2 Likes

Way too slow. Like the Queen Mary when changing direction.

1 Like

It’s hard to believe, but body wise, Myers and Kevin Walsh aren’t that much different (except Myers is prolly heavier). Walsh played at CHB, so it is hard to compare the two players, except for one point. Both are much-maligned players. I was never much of a ‘Walshy’ fan back in the day, however, I can honestly say that he contributed infinitely more to Essendon (in his decade of playing for us) than Myers has.