#23 David Myers Retyers

Terrific game from Myers - thought he cracked in and showed some great leadership out there. Nice to snag a couple of classy goals, as well!

I stand by my comments that he always struggles when returning from an injury, though - he’s a very handy player when fit but should never be rushed straight back into the seniors after 3-4 weeks off.

Good to have him back in form now though and I hope to see more of that sort of footy throughout the rest of the year.

1 Like

100%

If he played VFL last week, and AFL this week, we’re all happy campers.
He’s in our best side when fit and in form.

3 Likes

Myers inks new 2 year contract.
Essendonfc.com.au 18/4/2018 7.55am

Essendon midfielder David Myers has put pen to paper with a 2 year contract extension which will see him remain at the club until the end of the 2021 season

Coach John Worsfold praises Myers ability to fight back to good form throughout a injury riddled career, which has only seen him play 102 games in 10 years at the club. Worsfold said durability was no longer a issue for the big bodied midfielder “we really believe David has overcome those injury issues and has his best football in front of him. He’s a valued member of the playing group and obviously being a leader at the club, he has a lot to offer our young midfielders” said worsfold

After a injury interrupted career, Myers said he’s feeling in “career best shape” and excited about what the future brings “this is probably the most talent we have had at the club in the 10 years I have been here, we’re all hungry for success” said Myers.

After the supplement saga which saw 34 current and past Essendon players banned from football for 12 months, Myers has looked at this in a positive light these days, saying it has given him the chance to prolong his career “the year off really helped my body. I’ve had my injury concerns over the journey but I feel rejuvenated again like I could play for another 10 years. Obviously I know that’s not the case but I still think I have a bit of footy left in me”

David Myers has played 102 games since making his debut way back in 2008. The former pick 6 is now in the leadership group at the club, and said teaching the younger players at the club is something he thrives on “obviously I’m a senior guy at the club now, and I’m just trying to teach these guys like McGrath, Begs (josh begley) and matty guelfi anything I can and provide that big body inside the contest to protect them a little bit”

6 Likes

2021? Gee, he’s done well there.

Well played WOB

7 Likes

Big Boi Myersi

Pure gold WOB

Just knew he couldn’t play 2 good games in a row. Still waiting for his breakout game

1 Like

we have him for another year

Waiting for the typical few to defend his rubbish performances

1 Like

please retire already

So his next good game will be round 10, right? One-in-six is the benchmark…

the guys no good

And here they come. Burning torches and all

And rightfully so. He’s a farking statue.

1 Like

He was um… an Essendon player that took the field today.

Is an average at best footballer who has survived because of his draft number, big body and supposed leadership qualities

Please just cut the cord and be done

1 Like

Has good character.

You have to drop him for this, you can’t accept your leaders having such inconsistency.

I was okay with keeping him simply as a backup through the middle. But as a backup he is useless, as a starter he is useless.

2 Likes

You guys are idiots. He’s got the most clearances in the game. The second most contested possessions for an Essendon players and the third most tackles for an Essendon player. Yet you single him out of all the ■■■■ players we had today.

10 Likes