#23 David Myers Retyers

Fire Myers into the cannon
Bring in someone else.
He can come back after he racks up 30 possies and kicks 5 goals in the VFL.

1 Like

Pineapple doesn’t belong on pizza, because Essendon hasn’t won a final in 15 years.

@aceman had enough trouble letting go of his boy Butcher to start supporting Orazio.
Don’t make him choose between Orazio and someone else

So you have stated that he should be dropped, but you are also arguing with other people about him being dropped. Got it.

2 Likes

Parish so stiff to be originally dropped for Anzac day.

Was poor verse Roos but was very good verse dees and lions.

Myers been average all year but is yet to be dropped AND doesn’t have youth on his side like Parish

1 Like

We drop a youngster after 1 bad game (Francis, Parish, Ridley) but give Myers chance after chance after chance

2 Likes

Bomber-A I’m getting the impression you are not a fan of David Myers.

3 Likes

He is going to leadership the $hit out of the cats this week.

3 Likes

You’re correct but also annoyed at Woosha for continually dropping youngsters who have performed better than Myers this year

2 Likes

Does Myers do a lot of this “unseen stuff” when I’m watching him specifically from the stands? Has he got great slight of hand because watching him scuttle around it’s probably best most the supporters can’t see what he’s doing. He must be a master tactician in “unseen stuff” because he can’t find the footy, can’t stop his opponents and can’t really do much apart from his work “not being seen” by human eyes.

Justin Murphy had a long career spanning multiple coaches, Aaron Hennemen’s career spanned what over 7 years, Mark Bolton played almost 130 games and Mark Alvey managed to dupe two coaches with nothing to show for it…seriously sometimes coaches just have favourites or no other options, and mostly coaches under pressure for results and no long term build option. I wouldn’t look into the length of his career as any kind of magic beans off the ball god that people are trying to invent as the reason Myers is still getting a games. Sometimes players get more lucky than others, the way it works. And Myers is a very lucky bloke these days. Does he do a solid job every so often? Yes. Are there worse options? Yes, Could we do 100 times better? Yes. Would I have him in my midfield? No.

1 Like

Don’t change the goal posts.

You didn’t talk about dropping him, you were talking about his entire career. You didn’t say “he had a poor game and should be dropped” or “he’s on the decline”, you specifically called out his entire career.

1 Like

This post made my google Justin Murphy… tough times outside of footy. Wow.

1 Like

I loved neagle like you love myers.

Neagle could have been anything until he actually died from that play on at the G

4 Likes

I’m with WOB on Neagle.

I’m still living off Myers 30+ possession 2 goal game against the Doggies that time I jumped on the death train down to Armadale on a Friday night

2 Likes

He is a liability,

It’s not too much to ask a 29yo midfielder in the leadership group to be in the top 50 players in the AFL which is about where 25 posessions average would put you.

If he is not getting that then why aren’t we playing a guy who potentially could get that in the future?

1 Like

Top 50, geez that’s a high bar.

I’d be comparing him to the likes of Richard Douglas, Scott Selwood, Mitch Robinson, Ed Curnow, Levi Greenwood, Matt de boar, Ben Jacobs, Shaun Grigg, David Armitage, Kieran Jack etc, etc.

A lot of teams have the nearly or just 30 yo contested jobbers on their lists, playing a role and not getting superstar stats.

1 Like

I wonder if other teams forums have threads about their ‘jobbers’ which is just filled with supporters paying out on them?

I mean, obviously there’s one about Mitch Robinson.

There’s probably one on Shaun Grigg, where people keep saying “he is the epitome of why we haven’t won a flag in over 12 months.”

2 Likes

Are there things we know we know, but we don’t know that we don’t really know?

Yeah, they do. Some are worse than here. Blitz is pretty average.
Funny thing - I get more out of the opposition ‘changes’ thread than Blitz’s.