#23 Harrison Jones - now 23 til 2024!

Looks more like 197.

Love that he was a Dons fan.
Just hope he’s got the genetics to put on size as Fletch aside, KP players just don’t make it otherwise

Give the lad a break he’s been in the club five minutes.

2 Likes

That is a unbelievable from a 197cm string bean kpp

Good luck to the defenders on him in future years

1 Like

I think Harry himself said he was 196. That’s what I’m going with.

1 Like

The Draft Central Draft Guide has all the combine heights and weights so I’d recommend that as a reference

2 Likes

Did he spend those five minutes eating?

If not, I worry about his application. Delist.

10 Likes

Has 3 years to put on weight and really show something before he is needed hopefully

This kid is going to get sick of eating and the weights room. He has a lot of work to do. Hopefully he is strong for his size.

Hipwood was drafted at 200 cm and 82 kegs. He is playing now supposedly at 203 and 90.
This kid could end up around 200 and 90. Look out Joe !

2 Likes

Do you a link I’ve had trouble accessing. I’ve loved your work.

Put him in a tackling drill and that’s exactly what I am worried will happen to him.

Thanks.
They’re ■■■■■■ good numbers for a tall.
Let’s hope he can football too.

https://twitter.com/draftcentralaus/status/1191279172796108802?s=21

3 Likes

DRAFT ANALYSIS: “An athletic and developing player who can play in a range of positions because of his height and leap and has shown great dedication to any role he plays.”

HARRISON Jones emerged as a potential top 30 prospect after a promising showing at the AFL Under-18 National Championships playing as a key forward and showing his impressive lead up ability to take marks up the ground but also compete well at ground level. Jones spent time as a ruckman in his bottom-age year, and despite his height at 196cm, he did well because of his leap and great touch. He moved well at ground level and was not afraid to tackle either. Although he will not play as a ruck at AFL level, he will have some value to at least pinch-hit. Jones is very light so he has plenty of development left and with his application to various roles he could become anything, with a few clubs maybe going earlier than first thought because of his upside and lack of key position players in the 2019 draft.

STRENGTHS:

Marking
Leap
Versatility
Defensive Ability
Endurance
Speed

IMPROVEMENTS:

Consistency
Strength

Jones has a very nice leap and sticky hands once he gets a run and jump at the ball and his timing to jump is often perfect which would have come from his time rucking and you can tell it helps him also be creative with little tap ins and such inside 50 which can set up scoring opportunities. He has played mostly forward this year but with his athletic abilities he could play a range of roles and that would excite recruiters as a developing player that could become anything and with his strong marking and athleticism he could play on different types down back while also being a hard matchup as a forward. Jones is a willing tackler so he has the defensive pressure needed for the modern game and its always good to see young talls putting pressure on and sticking tackles and this was highlighted with an eight-tackle game against the Dandenong Stingrays late in the year. Jones tested well at the combine excelling in the vertical leap and yo-yo test and although the leap test is not a surprise the yo-yo was good to show his work rate and how he could become a talented lead-up forward at AFL level, he also tested well over 20m just to round out his fantastic athletic profile.

Jones is a player that is rated for his athletic profile and potential more so on his statistics and goals kicked as a forward, Jones only kicked four goals in the NAB League which certainly is not anything to write home about and although its good to play a high role as a forward and put on pressure he will need to kick more goals and win a bit more of the ball consistently to be a truly damaging player at the next level. Jones moves well for his size and uses the ball well more often than not so an improvement in winning more of the ball can only benefit him and his team. Jones is a raw prospect at 196cm and 78kg, and he will need time to develop his body before he plays consistent football at the next level, its always hard to judge contested marking in young players as it’s something usually developed through gaining experience and strength and gaining this skill could really set Jones apart at the next level and his tackling is already strong so wth some added size he could really stick them and potentially be an imposing player down the track.

DRAFT RANGE: 20-35

8 Likes

Keep in mind that profile was done before updated combine measurements were done

AFL draft 2019: Harrison Jones joins idol Joe Daniher at Essendon

Jay Clark , Herald Sun

Harrison Jones was just another Essendon fan hoping Joe Daniher would stay at the Bombers in the trade period.

But, Essendon’s newest key forward can tell ­Daniher face-to-face when he walks into the Hangar and meets some of his footy idols on his first day at the club.

Essendon made a trade with North Melbourne to secure the hard-running goalkicker at pick No.30 on Thursday night
It completed an unofficial father-son selection as Jones’ father, Craig, played for the Bombers’ under-19 side as a backman.

“It is a dream come true,” Jones said.

“I go to most of the games. I do enjoy watching the ­Bombers.”

Clearly, the Bombers hope the marking target can either work in tandem with Daniher, or take over from him in the goalsquare in the event he again tries to move to Sydney next year.

But if the 194cm Jones gets his way, Daniher will remain in red and black for life.

“He is a bit of an idol of mine as well, the way he plays,” Jones said.

“He is taller, but I like to watch the way he goes about it.

“I reckon he will stay (at ­Essendon), hopefully.”

AFL Draft. Day 2. 29/11/2019. Harry Jones after being drafted to the Essendon FC at pick number 30 . Pic: Michael Klein

AFL Draft. Day 2. 29/11/2019. Harry Jones after being drafted to the Essendon FC at pick number 30 . Pic: Michael Klein

The lightly built Jones will need to work hard in the gym to add size.

But the man who counts Sydney superstar Lance Franklin among his favourite players plans to try to use his huge tank and running power to work off his opponent.

“I think that is the main thing I try and do, outrun my opponents,” Jones said.

This was an important draft for the Bombers, even if they had already used their first-round pick as part of last year’s Dylan Shiel deal.

They went for height, ­hoping to find some diamonds in the rough.

After bidding for Brisbane Academy prospect Keidean Coleman, Essendon snared ­developing ruckman Nick Bryan at pick 38 to help ­prepare for life after veteran Tom Bellchambers.

The 202cm St Kevin’s student has a big leap and agility.

Clearly, he is a long-term prospect.

Harrison Jones (right) in action for Calder Cannons. Picture: Andy Brownbill

1 Like

190cm + :white_check_mark:
Under 80kg :white_check_mark:

Dodoro is a man who knows what he likes.

Has he said Ned Cahill could become a midfielder yet?

Cahill played a lot of midfield time for Dandenong so Dodoro has obviously brought that up haha

1 Like

Has he requested a trade to Sydney yet?

2 Likes