#24 Jordan Houlahan - has been future endeavoured

A poor man’s Hardingham for mine.

3 Likes

Did you not see him spring across the front of the pack to mark today?

He doesn’t do anything wrong; just doesn’t do enough. Without proper Watching you can’t tell where he goes between his touches.

7 Likes

I rate hardingham higher than both

I still long for Hardingham’s last hurrah in the VFL, genuine x-factor and match winner, often unstoppable.

2 Likes

No, I may have been too busy placing a hex on the umpires

1 Like

Yep.
I’ve watched him at training carefully - he struggles with fitness.

3 Likes

Houlihan is tracking very well and has improved markedly. His strengths are not just his overhead marking. He is an excellent kick and puts on extremely good fwd pressure whilst hitting the scoreboard on a regular basis. Houlihan is the perfect player to play the Bags role when they finally relent with him. He will prove an awkward player to match up on, kick goals, involve himself in scoring chains and keep the ball in the fwd 50.

6 Likes

Pevster goes full lid off.

From the outside at least, at the end of last year it looked like a wasted pick and highly probable that he’d be delisted at the end of his contract. Showing a bit this year though and if the trajectory continues then would be worth persisting with.

2 Likes

Fwiw, as long as he shows a willingness and effort to improve his performance I strongly doubt the club will discard him, we have persisted with worse players for longer.

I think he’ll likely be demoted to the rookie list.

Did you not watch the game? Did some terrific stuff in the air yesterday. Hell even see his draft highlights the kid can jump better than anyone we have on our list.

1 Like

Looking much better this year. Last year he was barely sighted in games. This year he’s regularly involved in the play. Doing a lot of 1%ers.

I have him penciled in to go at the end of the year, but if he continues his 2019 trajectory, good for him if he secures another year.

2 Likes

He’s impressed me most this year with his defensive effort, laid some big tackles yesterday.

I must have missed his grab though, his draft highlights were good but he hasn’t applied his strengths consistently enough for my liking. And being able to take a good speccy is the icing on the cake, not the cake it self, otherwise Howe would be an elite player.

1 Like

Does he actually kick goals? How many has he kicked this year?

I know Baguley has his detractors (I’m not one of them), but one thing that cannot be denied is that he regularly kicks a goal or two. And sometimes 3.

Three games, has kicked 2, 2 & 3.

5 Likes

So goals per game at 2.3 over 0.8 last year, despite spending a bit more time upfield.

Marks up from 2 to 6 per game, directly linked to disposals up from 8 to 12.

Mind you, the team percentage is up from 121% to 295%, so the year-to-date may not be entirely representative.

5 Likes

He’s talented and looks like an AFL player but so do Begley, Laverde and Langford.

It’s a tough gig being a medium forward at AFL level, especially with pressure at a premium and clubs wanting to play the extra mid.

1 Like

To me he looks a shitload better & more consistent than last year. Leads up to HB, does little stints in midfield.

1 Like

Nah, he’s pretty crafty overhead. Even when he wasn’t doing much last year, he’d take a few good marks.

Enough to get a game at any point this year?
Enough to earn another contract and give himself more time to improve?

Don’t know about playing a game. But that in itself is a thing, cos last year I would’ve said 100% no.

Will get another contract.

1 Like