#24 Jordan Houlahan - has been future endeavoured

If he keeps progress this year year he will.

Three of Houlihan, Long, Clarke, Mutch, Baguley, Hartley and Dea will be gone at the end of the year.

Long and Bags look certainties and quite possibly Dea.

Considering we don’t have a first rounder I doubt we will want to go to deep into the draft.

He will be retained.

2 Likes

I agree on Long, Bags and Dea. Dea might get lucky and get another year as depth if one of the medium defenders asks for a trade.
I reckon Clarke will be lucky to stay on the list. I’d love to see him tried in Myers role, but it doesn’t seem like it’s likely to happen. But I’m not sure who else on the list (currently outside the best 22) can play that role better if they want it to continue to be the type of role Myers is playing.

Mutch is contracted for next year.

Hartley is an interesting one. If they already rate Zerk ahead of him I’m not convinced he’s needed any more even for depth. I think the end of this season would be the perfect time to add another young developing KPD

He’s only 20.
This is only his second year at the club.
There are at least 15 VFL games to be played this year. Plus finals.

We’ve got a lot more time left this year to see how he develops and what he has to offer. And he doesn’t need to play AFL this year to prove his worth as he obviously has a few things to work on and can do that in the VFL.

6 Likes

Yes, that’s true. I think another pre-season, should he be that way orientated, will help increase his stamina and he’ll be able to do what he can do for longer. This, btw, is the same thing that happened with Redman.

So the real question is…am I supposed to like him or not?

1 Like

Be hopeful (but not too hopeful)

1 Like

Howe is an elite player.

1 Like

Why does everyone think this will be Baguley last year? He plays his role, despite what some say he’s still quick enough. He is actually a smart forward. I realise there are big raps on Mozzie, but from the VFL reports he’s still a year or two away from making an impact at senior level.
Unless the club recruit a ready made forward pocket. I think he’s good depth at least.
Finally there is no way Baguley is retiring on his own terms. Coming into the AFL system as a mature age rookie he knows what the real life is like and you can tell he loves the AFL environment. No way he’s leaving before he has too.

2 Likes

I’m his biggest fan mate and I would love to see him go around but I would be surprised.

We have other forwards requiring game time as well even if they aren’t a similar player to Bags.

1 Like

Because he has already played 6 games more than I would have hoped this year. That’s not a slight on him, he obviously has worked hard; but our kids should be pushing him out.

He turns 32 next month and is clearly slowing down. Maybe not so much pace, but his agility is waivering.

Hard to imagine him going another one. But I said the exact same thing 12 months ago, so who knows?

There is a clause in his contract that says he won’t get another year unless @Aceman agrees to it.
So it’s not happening.

1 Like

Harsh but fair.

Essendon should get all our small players to line up for a 100m sprint…and if you finish behind Baguley, you get delisted with him at the end of this year.

2 Likes

I will go all Stallion and rip Woosha’s ■■■■ off if he gets another year :rofl:

1 Like

See, I disagree.

I think he’s still reasonably quick in a straight line.

He just can’t change direction in any way, shape or form.

So set up a square track with 25m sides and get them to run around that.

1 Like

Yeah, then he’s farked.

1 Like

McGrath would win that race by about 25m I reckon. He changes direction so well.