#25 Jake Stringer (Part 1)

Part of that something is now at Geelong.

1 Like

A poor peer group, family instability and a disconnect with the coach. Not difficult to see why his form dropped off.

The other issue he had at Footscray was that he was usually the only guy in the forward line that the opposition had to worry about and he was played out of position on top of that.

1 Like

Just quietly, how farkin good has this bloke been this year?

He’s impacted almost every game he’s played I reckon. Even when he only has a few possessions he still has an impact on games, because he makes them all count and he never fails to create a contest.

Plus his celebration game is A+++

17 Likes

Has he nominated us yet?

Must be close to decision time.

6 Likes

He isn’t coming to us, Geelong have him. Get over it.

3 Likes

Freak. Tough matchup. Getting better by the game.

1 Like

Media and fans rave about De Goey who is very good but Stringer is as good if not better. Freakshow.

1 Like

I reckon he’s due for a 5 goal game soon

2 Likes

Yeah the Prelim.

6 Likes

All he has to do, all any of them have to do, is play their role.

Trawling opposition boards it seems he’s no good because he’s not unloading at the sticks with every touch ala his AA year.

I’ll take his standard 13 touch, 2 goal, 3 goal assist, 3.2 tackle, 2.9 tackle busting, 4 clearance getting, 2 sht-stirring goal celebration game week after week.

He is a ■■■■■■■ gun.

18 Likes

Loved how he kicks one of the goals of the year…almost no celebration.

Kicks a dead straight drop punt from a tight angle…loses his ■■■■

5 Likes

Both of those goals were phenomenal!

3 Likes

Like a few other in the side you can see they are now getting that spark knowing finals are on the cards.

He is the kind of player that could rip a few finals to shreds and do it almost himself.

1 Like

Imagine the roar at the G if he kicked one like that in a tight final.

Delicious.

3 Likes

He is. And like Tippa when the ball goes near him you know he’ll make something happen. He shepherds goals, he kicks goals, does little toe pokes and assists, he barges through opposition players, and breaks tackles with ease.
He’s a star. And a premiership player. Which might be handy in the future.

6 Likes

He and Tippa give you that ‘dirty ball into the 50’ option… that mongrel kick fwd when there are few other options. You know they’ll at least hold it up in there, if not turn that grubber into a goal

5 Likes

If not for inaccuracy he would already have a few bags of 5 this year and would probably be in consideration for AA.

A big end to the season may still have him in conversations.

More importantly he’ll have a top 10 finish in the Crichton, potentially top 5 depending on what his specific role has been throughout the year.

2 Likes

I’d say that’s because we were 5 goals behind

2 Likes

He’s an old fruit but I love it when he commentates our games.

imagine the granny this year;

Heres Stringer, rips it from de goey when he had no right, fends off one, two now… ohhhh this I’ll do it, this’ll do it … JAKEY YOU STAR. They’d have to be home now you’d recon, as the G heaves as one!

7 Likes

I just read that in Bruce’s voice and dared to dream…

2 Likes