#25 Jake Stringer (Part 1)

It doesnt require aggression, It only requires a team-mate put themselves between Jake and the bloke scragging him at stoppages etc

1 Like

That’s unfortunate then isn’t it.

Not only do they lack the physicality and the aggression, but you’re suggesting they also seemingly lack the ability to simply stand between a teammate and an opponent!?!

No wonder the opposition and the broader football public think of them as a joke.

Jake the midfielder needs to get with the program. He needs to learn to sometimes offload by handball rather than always taking on multiple tacklers. Ironically, because he attracts so many tacklers, we would have players free to receive the ball from him. Right now opponents know he always takes them on, so they double or even triple team him.

2 Likes

Yep pretty sad imo
To me it demonstrates a real lack of team first attitude and shows that many of our guys really play only for themselves

2 Likes

Can we just forfeit the next two games please? It will save us all a world of pain.

3 Likes

I’d rather take the chance that we might actually turn our form around.
If not, my sports betting account will at least be happy.

1 Like

You hedging you’re emotions with cash on Freo?

Yep. A little on 40+. Plus a little on 100+. They were paying $176.

I think we either win or get slaughtered. Nothing in between

1 Like

Actually not a bad idea. I think that’s what they mean when they say gamble responsibly.

1 Like

Freo paying $4.50 over 39+

1 Like

Jake the midfielder very rarely gets caught despite taking on multiple tacklers. Imagine how much better he would be if his teams mates …i dunno… maybe shepherded for him occassionally…

3 Likes

The stat: Essendon has lost on eight of the past nine trips west by an average of 47 points. The Dons’ sole win was by 28 points over West Coast last year.

So you’re telling me there’s still a chance…

4 Likes

LOL :rofl:

Jake just said on C9, 50/50 to play but he reckons he will be good to play.

3 Likes

He also said a couple of weeks ago (when he played coming of a virus) that unless he’s in hospital, he’ll always play.

Yep.
Had $100 on port and then $100 on Dogs when they were $2.

Better than bank interest I guess.
Freo are paying $1.45, again better than bank interest but meh. I don’t take the line or the 39.5 because knowing my luck I’ll either back under and we get flogged or back over and we lose by 39 points

Don’t play him if he’s injured, unless you want a guy to be on one leg, make it worse and virtually guarantee next week he’s off completely…and wiped out for the finals.

For all the ■■■■ we like to heap on the AFL promoting gambling, there’s been a hell of a lot of odds/bet talk on this forum of late.

12 Likes

Noticed that too.