#25 Jake Stringer (Part 1)

Tend to agree.

Jake has gone from strength to strength as has Saad and I think it speaks volumes about them both that they have maintained a solid level of form even as those around them have struggled throughout the year.

Blind Freddy can see that both those guys have the ‘fight’ instinct embedded in their DNA and that is something we sorely need in this team.

I think Smith would slot into the Goddard-leadership role nicely but he may need to just focus on fitness and form much like Daniher and Fantasia (who I think could benefit from narrowing their focus next year).

As an external observer the vibe I get is that it was the wrong move to drop Hurley (and Hooker) from the leadership group and I would have him straight back in there given his importance to the side as well as his experience.

1 Like

I thought I saw the maggots at the next qtr break giving him a demo on how he should have shepherded the ball over the line without him giving away the free
Although the maggots could have simply been saying to him “look around Jake and see what ground you’re playing at & then you’ll have your answer”

1 Like

Sideways, I thought.

It happened right in front of me, I was literally row 2 In the goalsquare right in front of all us bombers. Everyone went bananas

I unloaded the biggest spray on Margetts imaginable. Im amazed I didn’t get booted.

7 Likes

Shades of you in this WOB

3 Likes

Any word on the Collingwood fitness guy…

Is everyone super excited that we get to play in a final with the package on our team.

BIG GAME PLAYER

5 Likes

image This is Jakes first photo with the club, looks absolutely shocking, i’m so proud how far Jake has come on and off the field, potential BnF winner and providing off-field help to sick children. Even though on-field success hasn’t been consistent we must appreciate the little things!

2 Likes

Can’t wait until we we win on Thursday so I can say bring on the cats, bring em on!

1 Like

How long will the strike go for?

4 Likes

Did you bookmark it?

What a massive let down he was last night. When we’re devoid of finals experienced players, he was needed and gave us practically nothing.

No Stringer. No Essendon.

“Finals Performer” was never on his resume.

Still isn’t.

Every time he and Tippa went near the ball they ran into a brick wall. Literally. They were shephered and blocked out of it. Legally.
WCE did a really good job of negating any opportunities the two of them had.

7 Likes

Things that our team have been incapable of doing for years.
All of those little one percenters that the good teams do that help your team mate get some space, shepherding, blocking. No wonder we panic with ball in hand, rarely do we protect the ball handler.
Another side effect of the undersized, under strength makeup of our squad.

Quite a bit longer than the originally proposed thirsty strike.

Exactly. And it shows when one of our players shepherds, we notice. Because it happens so rarely.

What the hell was the third quarter shepherd on their half back flank? I thought umps would always bring it back if a second player came in late to the mark to allow their team mate to play on.

4 Likes

Lol - all good as I’m sure if bombers start doing it, it will be looked at “closely”