#25 Jake Stringer (Part 1)

A forward line with all of Daniher, Stewart, Hooker & Stringer won’t work IMO, especially if we want Begley in there as one of the ‘smalls’.

He didn’t have a good game last night by any stretch, but I did enjoy this

27 Likes

you missed the best part you monster.

WHERES CONOR’S GOAL?

2 Likes

I didn’t include it because it was bad play by McKenna. Running fast and kicking a goal gave the forwards no chance to get into position.

40 Likes

3 Likes

I’m as lid off about Stinger as anybody, but I never expected this to be some fairytale career transformation over one pre season.

This was always going to take time, maybe quite a bit of time.

I think there are legitimate signs there to be encouraged about, in regards to him regaining his touch.

His overall output is an issue though. He is gonna need to contribute more than last night to keep his spot. If he’s gonna run out of gas that quickly, then he needs to deliver more during the period he still has breath.

5 Likes

I think it’s about time to put players in their best positions they play and go from there.

3 Likes

It’s been two games. It will take time. He will become a mid. Be patient you mongrels.

12 Likes

If the team keeps losing that might change???

He had a shocker last night and couldn’t get near it but that clearance was immense! Fended off three players with brute strengths and set up a goal. More of that please jake

2 Likes

chill, Winston…

I reckon he’d be so awesome at playing British bulldogs.

2 Likes

He’s competing when the ball is in his area, for now that’s the main part. To me seems to be working pretty hard, just not getting reward for effort for now.

does some nice things here and there.

I don’t blame any of the forwards for last night. people can argue all they like, but none of them had an impact, cept green (if he hadn’t of kicked those goals, i’d imagine he’d be lumped in the criticism of all the other forwards)
They had to cover an extra 2 players, they pretty much spent most of their petrol tickets chasing said loose players, and when the ball did get turned over they were to stuffed.

I’d still prefer a fwd line consisting of him, stewart and daniher, and hooker back though.

He’s doing his bit for now, hopefully once he builds and gets a bit of confidence back, his impact on games will grow.

2 Likes

Yet the only clearances we seemed to win easily were when he was in there. He may not have been the winner for them but he certainly bullocked his way to allow others to win it. As a forward he suffered every one else issues with poor supply.

You don’t build a tank in one off season. This is a long game term move and everybody needs to have a lot of patience.

Wouldnt hurt if we used him more around the ground. Players have to start looking for him.

3 Likes

Gee! I don’t know why we’re all complaining about his lack of a tank?

Judging by that, he’s still going as hard near the end of the game as he did at the beginning…

1 Like

Would be worth a go as a tagger for a week or 2. Learn to play inside mid by following a gun around. Tag Bont and then wines.

No. They will just run him around and rack up touches. Taggers tend to be some of the more aerobically capable players on the list.

A more feasible, realistic option (which happened with Fyfe last night) was going head to head at stoppages. Probably the best way to learn the craft for Jake at this stage.

1 Like

Blitz pls…We need to show patience with Stringer. We didn’t recruit him to park him deep forward.

1 Like

He’s training the house down.

1 Like

Great points.
Other than Luke Parker, Robbie Gray, Dangerfield. Ablett Jr, Chapman, Fyfe, Pavlich - and about a hundred others - I can’t think of a single forward who’s made a successful transition to midfield

7 Likes