#27 Jonathon Giles

Are we too tall or is he too tall?

or is port just too short?

Who selects the selectors ?
Theyā€™re too tall.

Who selects the selectors ? They're too tall.

Who selects the selector selectors?

Have to give him credit for still trying in the 2s even though he isnā€™t getting any obvious reward. Maybe a hint that there really is a plan and he has bought into it?

Have to give him credit for still trying in the 2s even though he isn't getting any obvious reward. Maybe a hint that there really is a plan and he has bought into it?

You make it sound like he was trying from the start.

Dean Cox like

Barrett:
IF thereā€™s ever a valid reason for a footballer to walk out on his club in-seasonā€¦ THEN Jon Giles has such reason.

LOL
The way i understand it, i donā€™t think essendon would mind too much if he sacked himself. I donā€™t think he is half the player they thought he was when they recruited him (and i only think he was recruited as backup).

He would only find himself trying to find a VFL club to play at for the rest of his career anyway.

Who selects the selectors ? They're too tall.

Who selects the selector selectors?

Assuming that for a moment that this is genuine question seeking an explanatory answer (which it obviously isnā€™t) => the members.

Barrett: IF there's ever a valid reason for a footballer to walk out on his club in-season... THEN Jon Giles has such reason.

LOL
The way i understand it, i donā€™t think essendon would mind too much if he sacked himself. I donā€™t think he is half the player they thought he was when they recruited him (and i only think he was recruited as backup).

He would only find himself trying to find a VFL club to play at for the rest of his career anyway.

HA!! SO according to Barrett,

Giles is now the hardest done footballer in the history of the sport. EVER. There has not been ONE greater hard luck story than that, of Jonathan Giles at Essendon. In the long, storied, history of this game.

Holy moly.

It's as simple as this.

Giles plays, we NEVER lose another game.

Heā€™s the new Sam Hunt

The Messiah

http://www.theage.com.au/content/dam/images/3/5/5/e/h/image.related.articleLeadNarrow.300x0.hvkue.png/1395359384680.jpg

The only way that photo could be more CJohns would be if he injured himself in the process

Barrett: IF there's ever a valid reason for a footballer to walk out on his club in-season... THEN Jon Giles has such reason.

LOL

And just when I was thinking there could be no one stupider than the cockwombles in here carrying on about Giles and calling our coaches idiots because they know who should be in the side better than anyone ā€¦ along comes olā€™ square head to remind me, no one is stupider than these fkn media tools.

LOL

HA!! SO according to Barrett,

Giles is now the hardest done footballer in the history of the sport. EVER. There has not been ONE greater hard luck story than that, of Jonathan Giles at Essendon. In the long, storied, history of this game.

Holy moly.

I hate to defend this c*ntā€¦

Iā€™m struggling to find some more hard done by.
Think itā€™s been two months now that he hasnā€™t had a look in. Only been emergency twice IIRC.

Others of noteā€¦
Ben Kennedy. Been selected more than fifteen games and been sub more often than not. Heā€™s been named on the field at least five times and still ended up sub. Ditto Crozier.

Iā€™d say Mzungu has been dealt as harshly but thatā€™s because of their great list.

Cannot think of anyone else who has been consistent in VFL (he hadnā€™t stunk up a game AFAIK) and not gotten a game.

Come on, this isnā€™t even the hardest done by Giles has been. He was at Port for 4 years, 0 games. He then rucked basically alone at GWS for 2 years, who thanked him for his service by picking up Mumford and dropping him to the twos halfway through the year, never to play again.

On the Giles thingā€¦
I think itā€™s more to do with McKernan than Giles.
In all honesty, I donā€™t know if he warrants an upgrade to the senior list next year.

Where does he fit into our best side? Is he better than Daniher? Better than Carlisle? Would you trade one of them to give him games?

Youā€™d argue heā€™s a better option than Ambrose, but would you play him with Carlisle and Daniher in the same forward line?

Iā€™m not even sure if McKernan is a better choice than Bellchambers (when fit - whenever that may be). Maybe in a few weeks time we will know.

Giles on the other hand has a spot on our seniors list next year regardless of whether he plays or not.

On the Giles thing... I think it's more to do with McKernan than Giles. In all honesty, I don't know if he warrants an upgrade to the senior list next year.

Where does he fit into our best side? Is he better than Daniher? Better than Carlisle? Would you trade one of them to give him games?

Youā€™d argue heā€™s a better option than Ambrose, but would you play him with Carlisle and Daniher in the same forward line?

Iā€™m not even sure if McKernan is a better choice than Bellchambers (when fit - whenever that may be). Maybe in a few weeks time we will know.

Giles on the other hand has a spot on our seniors list next year regardless of whether he plays or not.

Yes.

LOL

Do you reckon Purple has watched any VFL this year, let alone Essendon? Just another example of the media creating a story, or at least amplifying it to ridiculous levels.

Anyway, you guys keep reading his tripe.

I must say, my biggest question this week has been ā€™ What is Barrettā€™s opinion on the Giles situation?ā€™

LOL

Do you reckon Purple has watched any VFL this year, let alone Essendon? Just another example of the media creating a story, or at least amplifying it to ridiculous levels.

Andway, you guys keep reading his tripe.

Gah i know, i canā€™t help myself, it doesnā€™t make me angry though, just makes me laugh.

Ashley Giles> Jonathan Giles

I hear heā€™s not being played because he refused to take supplements. Well, that will be the storey anyhow, so letā€™s just go with it.