#27 Jonathon Giles

Ashley Giles> Jonathan Giles

Giles from Buffy the vampire slayer > both of them

DJR, if you create a tumblr of pictures of Jonathan Giles with Buffy quotes overlaid, I’ll follow it.

Ashley Giles> Jonathan Giles

Giles from Buffy the vampire slayer > both of them

Yes ofcourse how could i forget

Press conference with why Giles wasn’t selected and what was said in the meeting.

Press conference with why Giles wasn't selected and what was said in the meeting.

http://thedeskset.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/tumblr_lplvorWMhh1qgbabho1_500.gif

Giles was a badd ■■■ in merlin

Giles is the 40 year old Harry Potter.

DJR, if you create a tumblr of pictures of Jonathan Giles with Buffy quotes overlaid, I'll follow it.
Have to give him credit for still trying in the 2s even though he isn't getting any obvious reward. Maybe a hint that there really is a plan and he has bought into it?

You make it sound like he was trying from the start.

Relying only on what I’ve read in the VFL reports its hard to say what he was like to start with (sounds like he was ordinary), but it seems like he’s trying a bit now. Whether that’s enough to earn a spot given how badly we’re getting smashed in the ruck is the moot point.
To me its just not fair to the rest of the team that nothing seems to be happening to fix a very obvious structural deficiency. Even if Giles is just a big witches hat he would probably help.

Those saying Giles has been rubbish all year are talking ■■■■.

Maybe just maybe the non selection of Giles comes down to the fact that we simply see more upside/longer term future in McKernan.

So, why not chuck him in the cauldron, sure he’ll get bashed up a few times, but he will learn and develop so hopefully next year as 2nd ruck he is killing it.

If we were a shot at finals, and NEEDED to win games rather than (wink,wink) gain access to a top 5 draft pick, Giles would probably play.

Decision appears to ensure McKernan gets plenty of game time, and we get that top 5 pick.

On the Giles thing... I think it's more to do with McKernan than Giles. In all honesty, I don't know if he warrants an upgrade to the senior list next year.

Where does he fit into our best side? Is he better than Daniher? Better than Carlisle? Would you trade one of them to give him games?

You’d argue he’s a better option than Ambrose, but would you play him with Carlisle and Daniher in the same forward line?

I’m not even sure if McKernan is a better choice than Bellchambers (when fit - whenever that may be). Maybe in a few weeks time we will know.

Giles on the other hand has a spot on our seniors list next year regardless of whether he plays or not.

Unless we keep Carlisle and find 2 or 3 other ready made talls who are better than Smack, it would be madness not to upgrade him

No thread but 27564937 comments

The messiah.

Remember the good ol’ days when all of his VFL games had been rubbish?

Remember the good ol’ days when all of his VFL games had been rubbish?

I just realised, and like, that he’s Hooker’s locker buddy.

BIG JON

BIG JON

Look Riolio, Jon is a quality person