#27 Mason Redman - till end 2028

A large part of recruiting is to see what potential a player has, not just in terms of their ability but also their suitability to play different roles. l value Dodoro’s opinion on this matter higher, than the value l place on yours.

5 Likes

Sweet

Someone else needs be in charge of recruiting mids over 180cm.

Good thinking, putting your trust in jackets , he’s clearly so good at his job, it’s why we have had so much success since he’s been at the club.

Love Redders, Good young leader as well

Too much of a loose unit for that at the moment. Top bloke though.

is he any more “loose” than our current captain though?

He’s very loose. Like a lot of blokes his age.

Ha concur

I reckon in 3 years he’ll be one of our best players.

3 Likes

Disco is definitely not a major part of the reason we haven’t had success in some time.

3 Likes

While not arguing either way - Dodoro is the only constant at the club since we were last any good. Have to give him credit for surviving so long.

1 Like

you don’t reckon the guy responsible for the building of the list doesn’t have a little bit to do with it?

3 Likes

I think he’s done a pretty good job all things considered.

2 Likes

all things considered, like what? the saga? I’ll agree he’s had a few good kids since then - his late picks have been good. his trading should be commended too of late, he does have some things he has done a good job with

but he hasn’t built nowhere near a top 4 -6 list - ever, in his time at the club. not once have we looked like challenging since 2002. I’d reckon if anything, it’s at least worth reviewing his position

2 Likes

Ok your definition of a good job is different to me. 20 years without a flag and 16 years without even winning a final to me means the head recruiter list
manager certainly hasn’t excelled at this job.

While he might pick the odd gem like Redman and have traded well the last few years too often he gets too fancy. I think the biggest criticism is he often gets too tricky and takes a speculative option over a consensus pick when we likely could have grabbed the speculative option later in the draft. Also it doesn’t help that very few of these Hail Marys have worked out.

2 Likes

Not sure if you’ve been under a rock for about 15 years, but we’ve lurched from one club/coaching shemozzle to the next since 2005.

oh yeah, I know that. but geez, you’ve gotta wonder, just a bit, don’t ya?

1 Like

Maybe.

TBH I think he’s done a good job, with a few exceptions.
Didn’t do great over about 05-08, with Sheedy seemingly reticent to put too many kids on the park. Can’t give him much of a tick there.
Did exceptionally to keep & put together a competitive list over the saga years.

Obviously nobody planned for Keane to leave when he did, he and Disco seemed to work very effectively.

Overall I think he’s done a good job, and a long way from the biggest issues at the club. But hey, I’m just an idiot typing away on here.

2 Likes

You reckon Hepp’s got where he has by being “loose”?
From what I hear he’s a super hard worker, very switched on, very diligent.

1 Like