#27 Mason Redman - till end 2028

What Mason always did on game day for VFL games was to seek out the coach beforehand to confirm his role for the game and he was always the first to ask for feedback from the coaches after the game…very focused at success, hence his elevation to the seniors!:wink:

9 Likes

Massive fan of redman. Only way is up for him I feel.

I hear the same thing about Mason…

This is his last shot imo if we cant win a final or flag in the next few years then he goes and we start a rebuild with a different recruiter

Well a flag isn’t going to happen until we have a more balanced list than we have now.

1 Like

I love talking about Dodoro as much as the next person (unless the next person is Ants or JBomber) but there are multiple threads dedicated to his exploits. Probably don’t need the Redman thread to be an ersatz Jackets thread.

5 Likes

Well, . it’s not often I learn a new word on Blitz, … but this is one I’ve never heard… :+1:

1 Like

Which starts with a recruiter :thinking:

This post deserves more than a like for the bracketed bit alone. :rofl:

This bloke is tough, takes no prisoners.

Love how he goes about it.

4 Likes

SA great!

2 Likes

i reckon he’s been very underwhelming this year. i was hoping he’d take the next step

he looks to me like someone who’s unfit. he’s way better than what he’s producing

5 Likes

Just getting harder jobs without McKenna.

He’s gotten much less ball this year but he’s played on some tough opponents. Especially this and the Sydney games.

I think he is sore, not looking anywhere near as mobile and athletic as usual.

It looks like they’ve given him the best/most dangerous small forward in recent weeks in order to free up Saad in McKenna’s absence.

It’ll be interesting if that changes with McKenna back or if it’s an element of his game they want him to develop further

4 Likes

He is the weakest one-on-one defender of the small and mid-sized defenders - He is the one defender who could play wing.

1 Like

Hasn’t quite been as good

Thought he was a touch better this week than the last two? Stevenson was well on top early but Redman probably nudged it after that?

Would be annoying to play the Pies as a medium defender, they’ve got so many options to roll through there.

Every training report I read suggests he isn’t training fully so he must be carrying something. @nackers could confirm.

Still love his desire and mongrel.

Must stay in the side no matter what. Just not playing the more attacking role like last year because of Ridley.

1 Like

Didn’t he get something in his gut/lower abs region quite a few weeks (months) back at training?