#27 Mason Redman - till end 2028

Tell me Francis doesn’t have more upside as a medium defender than this guy…

Can’t believe how big the gap is between his best and worst. Needs a spell.

Its funny, you cant have 22 stars in your side.

You need some good average players.

Half back flankers and half forwards who can be trusted to be solid. Most of the top sides have these types rounding out the team. Preferably solid bodies, neat kicking actions, not too stupid.

Redman is my hope for this type - hes a nice kick usually, reasonably solid build and height.

I thought he was pretty good last week.

But he has a “looseness” that he needs to fix up.

Or we move on to other players with the basics who arent loose.

3 Likes

See what he can do for the next 6 weeks but if he can’t improve a lot then once Merrett is back then McGrath to half back and red dog to VFL.

Simple as.

We just bleed goals coz of simple errors from this bloke. I’ve been saying it for longer than you blokes can remember

When he makes an error it’s almost always a goal to the opposition.

Can’t have that from a defender if you want to be a good team.

If we’re happy with 12th-8th finish each season then keep playing him.

Good teams punish his errors. Just watch the last 3 weeks.

Redman is a better player than Francis by a fair way in my opinion, he does dumb things like Francis though.

2 Likes

He’s taken a step backwards so far, he could be as good as Bailey Dale but seems stuck in a cycle of taking a step forward one year and then one step back the next.

You must have been prophetic because a lot of us can remember back longer than Redman has been alive.

1 Like

Copped it a lot on here last week (and rightly so). But turned it around this week and his efforts today deserve a mention. Good stuff Red Dog.

21 Likes

Was huge today

5 Likes

He’s back.

2 Likes

Keep attacking Red Dog.

1 Like

Great game. He’s such an important part of this team.

played really well today and we wouldn’t have won without him. but man is he a hit or miss player. the gap between his best and worst is big it’s scary and u just don’t know which version of him u will get each week.

3 Likes

Clearly best game of the year.

2 Likes

Great response Mason.

That’s the red Dog we love

3 Likes

I was fuming at him last week. Rapt with his response this week. Found some form again. Hopefully he keeps it going next week too!

2 Likes

Great game lots of intercepting and dashing forward plus got a nice goal

The winger we’re missing?

1 Like

Loved how he kept paddling the ball in front of him with his head down against traffic in that last quarter. That was a very important bit of play.

7 Likes