#27 Mason Redman - till end 2028

Redman - captain
Method man - vice captain

7 Likes

Not sure but the ā€œBiltz Groupthinkā€ has made better decisions than the club has over the years

2 Likes

I am not worried about our public image, given that many of the public consider EFC a bunch of drug cheats. Public image be damned.

4 Likes

Iā€™ll take Redman or anyone else as Captain over the ever lasting heir presumptive Merrett.

1 Like

Agree. The sum of all fears on Blitz, when we actually thought Francis would become a champion player was that ā€œhe will go home to Adelaideā€.

1. Redmans home is no more Adelaide than Aaron Francisā€™s home is Adelaide.
  2. We all thought Judas was going ā€œhomeā€! what other clubs did he cycle through?
  3. Aaron Francis went to Sydney.
1 Like

Some people do, just like how you think adults shouldnā€™t wear a guernsey to games.

Imagine not wanting someone captain because they might not sound as refined as others.

Imagine not wanting someone to wear a guernsey because they might not look as refined as others.

Got nothing to do with being refined.

Thursday media conference with groovy 2023 team polo

Said heā€™ll put his hand up to be capatin if it became availbe

Would have no issues Redman as captain the more i see him speak and hear how he goes at traning the more i want him as captain wont be affraid to pull up a team mate if they arent doing their job during a matcn

16 Likes

Heā€™s almost the logical choice

1 Like

Dys said he would be happy to stand down if he was asked

Hope Brad makes it happen

1 Like

We are asking

3 Likes

They wonā€™t do it. But heā€™s exactly who we need as captain. We need a polar opposite of the sheā€™ll be right mate era hand on shoulder of Heppell. He expects standards, drives standards, vocal, puts his body on the line. If he carries his form from last year into this one he will make the AA squad at a bare minimum and win the Crichton. It will be Merrett & McGrath as vice.

11 Likes

Let Zac be skipper and Red Dog vc for the next 2 years is my thinking. Zerrett will top 200 games this season and is readyā€¦ Redman behind barking out the orders and getting all in line is the perfect foil for Zach to just concentrate on his footy, driving standards and leading the team upwards in his quiet way.

Come 2025 or 2026 ā€¦ Redman is our top man. But just not yet.

17 Likes

Wasnā€™t that long ago he was a marginal player, solid in the VFL and a bit flaky in the AFL. Now weā€™re talking about him as a potential captain. Credit to him.

6 Likes

Kind of reminds me of the phillipou blitz bandwagonā€¦. Gained traction when in reality it was always gonna be tsastas like itā€™s always gonna be Merrett for captain

2 Likes

Didnā€™t Redman also say that Heppell was still the best leader they have at the club?

1. Has repainted his homeā€™s white picket fence. Which is either long-term pride in his home, or preparing to sell.