#27 Mason Redman - till end 2028

Stop posting pictures of yourself.

Far easier to keep than have him leaving, so not sure where you get that idea from?

El Don, you haven’t given us a reason why he would choose to leave.

It’s only David King who has floated is right? Realise AFL journalism ordinary at best, but even by those standards the words David King and journalism together would be a very low bar.

1 Like

There is a lot of noise about Mason Redman
(D King last night).
It’s noise, not news.

*edited from post below.

Add to that the issue that he may not have said it the way it was first quoted:

This is the full quote in context, talking about the crows

I just look at the plan – and this is where it needs to
be full-club – and there’s a lot of noise about Mason Redman. I think if they can get a free agent like Mason Redman into the club, they go bang.

They are ripe if they can get a couple off-field and not give away too much in terms of their draft capital.

Now’s the time to seize the day. At the end of the year, if they get a free agent that doesn’t cost them a draft pick and then maybe spend your first-round draft pick on acquiring another ready-made, plug-and-play, damaging half-back/wing type player, I think they’re in it to win it as early as next year.

Money. The same reason most Free Agents leave - an offer he can’t refuse.

“A lot of noise” happens when you make something up.

Other halfwits repeat what rubbish you’ve spread.

Then you say “there’s a lot of noise” about this.

2 Likes

Except that we can match their offer, and we would.

Not if they trigger band 1, we’d just take the 1st round compo pick, even though it would suck to lose him.

1 Like

I can’t see Redman getting us band 1 compo, but if he did that would be pretty good return on investment.

We don’t really have a replacement for him on the list, might need to trade one in or have to play Massimo or hind more.

maybe Redman out for first round compo
on trade to Port for Bergman

b: McGrath Zerk LAV
hb: Cox Ridley Bergman

I like Bergman. But losing Redman would suck so hard.

1 Like

Wrong. We can, but we may or may not depending how crazy it is.

He actually looks like your typical crows player.

“Noise” - what does that even mean? Does it mean that clubs are looking at uncontracted players? It’s their job, and even more so, when their player agents are trying to get a stake in the mass salary cap space that we have. King and others are super lazy journalists - they’re joining the imaginary dots.

FWIW, I can’t see Redman leaving. His comments on SEN a few weeks ago, in full context, left me believing that he’ll stay.

1 Like

Is there any other kind of journalist? AwFuL journalists in particular?

Is there “noise” that the crows are going after him - YES

Is there “noise” that he is seriously considering leaving Essendon - No

That’s it.

3 Likes

Compensation is determined by which pay ‘band’ the player falls in.

To receive a first-round pick, a free agent must sign a deal that places them in the top five per cent of the rankings.

This is where the complexity comes in for moves like Brad Crouch’s (Adelaide to St Kilda) and Joe Daniher’s (Essendon to Brisbane). Age is also a factor, but if the new teams aren’t paying enough, then the old teams won’t get the pick they’re dreaming of.

The bands are as follows:

• Top five per cent = first-round pick

• Top 15 per cent = end-of-first-round pick

Ad

• Top 30 per cent = second-round pick

• Top 50 per cent = end-of-second-round pick

• Top 70 per cent = third-round pick

• Below that = no pick

Yep. Noise is a transient concept.