#27 Mason Redman - till end 2028

Agreed. He is still a little inconsistent too.

Not sure why we’re talking about it, if Ralph reported it, then it’s bullshit.

If Perkins gets it right, he’s a match winner. Redman isn’t, which is not having a go at him. Perkins has the X factor.

Emotional blackmail. I love it :joy:

https://twitter.com/garrysbshorts/status/1663146001199415296?s=46&t=YGdPXSqojqeDwdjPFXFTRQ

2 Likes

Probs his manager putting a bit of mayo on it. No doubt Crows are interested but 750-800k?
There cap would be tight you’d think especially over the next year/2

Lol, calm down. I want him to stay. He’s a very good player. I just dont rate half backs worthy of 800k. Im sorry that upsets you

7 Likes

The allure for the Crows is that he is a FA and it costs you extra to get a FA across the line. If they are only offering $650k that wouldn’t be enough to trigger band 1 and in that circumstance there is absolutely zero chance we would let him go. By offering that extra they are hoping we might consider not matching.
Everything I’ve heard for the last few months has been around that figure.

1 Like

Well if I’m wrong and Perkins breaks out next year instead of 2025 then I guess I’ll just have to live with that

1 Like

Just because someone said 800k doesn’t necessarily mean Redman is holding the club to ransom over 800k, I’m sure he would stick around for 700-750k which being in our best 5 players he is absolutely worth.
I wonder what McGrath is on.

3 Likes

Right. Ralph is the type to take the bait too.

Tex and Sloane both well into their thirties.

And you wonder why the AFL media journos keep pumping out these clickbait tweets and ■■■■. Look at you all foaming over it.

2 Likes

Redman spells fabric to me and if it came to (buying him) the crunch(ie) I’d pay him as close to as whatever it is that would blow things fark Carlton high.

He’s a rare breed. Braddles will keep him near methinks.

2 Likes

Yep. If you are paying 800k for a HBF, they would need to be the best HBF in the comp. Which Redman isn’t at this stage

2 Likes

disagree, he leads the team in intercept possessions and intercept marks, he is easily the best defender in our team. 800K is fine

No one is saying we are offering that though. He may take less to stay with us.
Whether you think he is worth it or not really is a moot point as the whole point of FA is getting a player for zero draft capital even if it requires paying a touch more than they are worth. The clubs and management would all know what roughly they would need to pay to trigger what band of compensation and that you nearly always have to cough up a little more to get a player to move. Hence the Crows are going to need to offer that type of coin to a) pique his interest and b) trigger band 1 compensation

4 Likes

Name 6 that are better ?

Daicos is the first that springs to mind

daicos probably will move to midfield soon

I know I’ve been getting a lot of weird disagreements when I call Merrett Parish one of the best mid duos in the comp, so Im sure this next statement will get disagreements too. But Redman McGrath is not one of the best half back duo in the comp. They ARE the best half back duo in the comp. And why break their partnership why break the existing chemistry. If 800-900K is needed to keep Mason then you pay him the money. Even if hes getting that much money there are still players getting paid more who arent better such as Bradley Hill or Isaac Heeney.

2 Likes

We should be building a culture where all players file in under what our captain is getting (similar to Geelong and how they pay). He’s not Merrett and should not be getting what Merrett is.

Well end up with a heap of top end contracts for a few just like Fark Carlton.

2 Likes