#27 Mason Redman - till end 2028

750-800 is absolutely fine, thats what zach is earning pretty sure. My statement earlier saying “overs” to 800k is how other blitzers feel, but to me 800k for redman is not “overs”

It would be obsurd to think redman is on the same money as 2xAll Australian, 3x B&F winner, Captain Zac Merrett

Look, like i said - i want redman to stay. Like, a lot. He’s a very good player. But everyone has their price. I reckon its pretty common for guys re signing (parish, merrett, redman etc) to take a little less than what they are offered elsewhere. I have zero, zero doubt merrett had bigger financial offers than ours

I find the way these things go is you pay overs when your targeting someone (ie, Adelaides offer to redman) and you pay unders to guys who decide to stay for the right reasons, team success etc. Its why Geelong have been able to continually top up with elite talent. Richmond did the same. Its a common theme with succesful clubs, you always probabky knock back a little more than elsewhere if you really want to stay

9 Likes

to you its absurd he gets same money with merrett, but to me its absurd merrett is getting so low in the first place

Not sure about that we must keep the good players we have becuase we dont have many and if thats mean paying overs to keep Redman so be it.

If one of Massimo or Hind was just as good as Redman then i would be happy to let him go

Some teams would kill to have a hbf like Redman but nah lets off load him becuase we dont think he’s worth that much lols.

3 Likes

600-650k for a good rebounding halfback would be my ballpark, you’d stretch to 680-90 for someone of redders quality

800+ is reserved for genuine stars in my eyes

5 Likes

Naaaah. You upset me?

Id have to take you seriously first.

If anyone thinks they should be getting paid more than Z. Merrett then show em the door.

3 Likes

Reckon that money will not be the reason why Reddog stays or goes. Just like Merrett and Parrish and most other players, while money is a consideration, length of contract, footy environment and trust in your teammates and coaches is more important.

6 Likes

If Nino was our list manager we’d only have 12 players on our list and we’d still breach our salary cap.

$700,000 for 4-5 years is more than enough for a HBF. We need to get used to the fact that the sky doesn’t fall when a good player leaves. We have way better prospects now than we did with Saad, Daniher and Raz on the list.

3 Likes

It’s all a game. Player agent leveraging Press (Ralph) to up pressure on Essendon. Ralph article generates clicks and debate, us fans take the bait!!

Anyhow, changes nothing. He’s a terrific player with X factor and leadership quality. He sets high standards. He’s a much required player for our culture and direction. He deservedly gets a big contract. He seems invested. I don’t see any obvious cause for concern that he will sign at least one more deal at EFC.

3 Likes

You mob are panic merchants.

He’ll stay, get a 4 year contract for decent coin, around $700 and become a club leader.

Be part of our next premiership.

17 Likes

Red Dog could easily move into the midfield and become our most damaging strong man breaking the lines. He’s great down back but could be a greater, aggressive and goal-kicking midfielder. Keep him, he’s definitely worth it.

2 Likes

I don’t see that personally. he has struggled playing on the wing in the past.

2 Likes

Let Redman and Parish go.
get 2 x first round compo picks.
trade a 3rd rounder to Brissie for McKenna (uncontracted)
trade the 2 first rounders to Dogs for Bailey Smith with a second rounder coming back.

Essentially turn Parish + Reddog + 3rd rounder into Smith + McKenna + second rounder

McKenna’s too old. Besides, don’t think his heart would be in it or he would have come back to us over the Lions.

This is getting way more oxygen than it deserves in here.

The Media makes mountains out of self serving crumbs from agents with self serving agendas (and fair enough too) to fill pages and air space.

Redman looks deeply invested along with the rest of the group but would look at his options with a view to maximising his income like any professional.

He’ll stay and he’ll get offered around 650 to 700, maybe a little gravy if he really squeezes

12 Likes

That would be a woeful deal for Essendon. It would be a net loss.

5 Likes

That is horrible.

20 Likes

That’s a lot cheaper than $800,000

3 Likes