#27 Mason Redman - till end 2028

I’m not sure what role Redman plays?

I think we just found Redman’s biggest fan.

But seriously, he should forget about the forward line and concentrate on the back pocket as a lockdown small defender.

1 Like

He play off the half back mostly this year.

He showed promise there but I’m not 100% sold on that being his position.

I like him further up the ground playing as a wing who can drift forward but we have depth in that position already.

We have about 5-10 young players on our list that are ready to take the next step. It will be interesting who actually can.

It will be very interesting.

I hope he can give it a real crack, when he first came to the club he certainly had the “he’s got it” vibes, but last season seems to have dropped off a bit.

Problem is he’s come into a club where there aren’t too many available seniors spots, and he is behind a fair few IMO.

1 Like

Think will end up back in Adelaide

He’s got a competitive streak about so hopefully he can have a big year.

What’s his contract status?

We’ve got Colyer, Smith and donuts…

I don’t think Redman quite has the weapons to play wing, could see him being a pretty nifty half back.

Really don’t know where he’s at. About the only thing I’ve ever heard from him is “he’s super competitive” which to be honest, I’d hope all our players are

He showed glimpses in the vfl I watched last year but for mine he goes missing way, way too much with no impact. Not really sure what role he could play, probably a half back/back pocket but I’d suspect he’d want to show some better form next season or he will find himself under a little bit of pressure

Still think he is more of a HF who can go into the midfield. Reckon he is tracking nicely and I have plenty of faith that he will make it and be a good player

8 Likes

Contracted til end of 2019

1 Like

McGrath will play there also and Zaka is mostly a wing but played a different role this year.

Every time I see Redman I like what I see but he hasn’t nailed a role yet.

He’s only 20 so has time but this year he will have to show something I think.

That’s good.

Gives us some leverage if he does decide he wants to return home.

He isn’t from Adelaide and is more than happy chasing his dream in Melbourne. He just wants to succeed and everyone that I know that knows him are sure he will turn out just fine

8 Likes

He had some good games this year so hopefully he can build on that.

I’m sure he will get an opportunity at some stage so hopefully he’s ready. He attacks the footy and the man so that should hold him in good stead when he breaks through.

1 Like

He was awful the first half of 2017 but really found form once moved back.

He will be your traditional utility i reckon.

Bill duckworth like.

2020 norm smith? :grinning:

1 Like

Brett Anderson said when he was drafted that he could be one of the best in that draft year. It seemed a big call then and still does now.

That said, he played a couple of fantastic periods off the half back line this year, although as others have said, went missing regularly.

1 Like

Didn’t he have OP this year?

2 Likes

Well, in theory anyone could be “one of the best in their draft year”.

In the equally redundant words of Lou Richards “if they are good enough”.

The value of such comments is zero.

Nob was competitive too. what’s redman’s weapon? he’s shown marginally more than morgan. if they were one player, i’d be excited.