28 Games - The Rise of the Baby Bombers - Premiere Tues 4th September 9PM Fox Footy

Yes he was. So he couldn’t make a comeback with us, and play against them. They did so, not expecting him to actually play for them. Now that is respect.

This was a good show, but what the people really want is a doco about our 2009 season.

2 Likes

I’d watch the fark out of that.

2 Likes

Here’s a great find on YouTube of a late 1992 game against North Melbourne. Just about the start of the Baby Bombers here with Misiti making his debut, Hird in his 3rd game, Michael Symons in his 2nd game, plus some strong showings by Paul Hills and Gavin Wanganeen. The brilliance of Wanganeen is just so evident here.

1 Like

Rd 6 1993 EFC vs Cats on Foxtel now

Salmon 10 goals
Ablett Snr 14 goals

Bump. To help forget this flat pre GF week for us Blitzers arguing like rats in a sack over our new coach. In case this compilation hadn’t been posted already. You never get tired of that era.

3 Likes

I went to that game.
Think it was the one where Hird got shifted on to Ablett, he kicked 6 goals on him, but full marks for endeavour.
I seem to recall a deal between the coaches that they would both play attacking games.

1 Like

I was driving from Ballarat to Ocean Grove to see my then girlfriend. Long drive as I stopped on the side of the road near Meredith to listen to the game

1 Like

That Bewick kick from the boundary in the Prelim. Was directly in line with it in the pocket. Never looked like missing. Have to admit that at half time, it looked pretty hopeless.

1 Like