#29 Jake Kelly

Welcome Ned.

1 Like

Top 8 or so for games played on our list next season. I hope heā€™s a solid role player, because he could definitely fill a need.

Cough, cough!! I actually think Redman may stay back and T.Cutler may find his way to the VFL side!

1 Like

I am surprised people donā€™t know him, heā€™s pretty solid. As for position, think Francis/Gleeson third tall. I think you can play him alongside Ridley/Laverde/Stewart-Reid-Hurley

1 Like

Welcome Jake! Looking forward to watching him play.

1 Like

Booo! Just when weā€™re starting to like him.

3 Likes

Elite standards, elite person

Thatā€™s all

1 Like

He played on stringer when we played the crows

So many haters heads exploding on social mediašŸ˜‚. I ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  love it

Jake had a pretty good outing that day
23 disposals and a goal

what do you think of shiel?

Most of his possie were on ball Kelly shut him down when he went forward

2 Likes

To be fair, Adelaide parked the bus and passed the ball sideways a zillion times. They had no interest in scoring.

5 Likes

ā€œThe Bombersā€™ current coach Ben Rutten was a teammate of Kelly when he was selected with pick 40 in the 2014 rookie draft.ā€

2 Likes

He has aā€¦
How do you say itā€¦
Very awkward kicking action.

This is for memory. I could be confusing him with another Adelaide defender.

Editā€¦
Watched the video posted above.
Didnā€™t even show him kicking it.
Must be him.

Fair call :+1::+1:

Is that from an article? Rutten retired at the end of 2014 and Kelly was drafted in 2014 so while they were technically on the Crows list in the same year I wouldnā€™t call them teammates.

1 Like

Thatā€™s an interesting factor I hadnā€™t appreciated. Played in same part of the ground too. Canā€™t imagine Truck would have brought him on board if he wasnā€™t a hard worker, at the very least.

1 Like

should get games as a lockdown defender to free up redman and hind

Heā€™s solid enough. I would assume that they started to court him before Cutler found a home in the backline but he is perfectly suited to play the same role Cutler & Gleeson play even if Iā€™m not 100% sure heā€™s an upgrade. He can play on a variety of sizes but heā€™s not really the lockdown small defender many think McGrath is best suited to fill. You could play him on a guy like Rohan but not really on a quick small like Papley. Hopefully he has some upside that Adelaide couldnā€™t unlock.

1 Like