#29 Patrick Ambrose -- forward or back?

One of the reasons he’s so good is because he basically can’t be outworked.

He is an absolute beast endurance-wise.

2 Likes

Has been working on his flat passes and is reliable with them when not under pressure. The long loopy kicks are still part of his game . He is still working on his skills and improving them. 6 marks in the Adelaide game is high for him. Actually he sometimes picks out a good option with a diagonal kick to the fat side, but the loopy trajectory is giving opponents a chance to get to the ball drop.

2 Likes

Virtually no wind.

Yep, not a breath.
Watching the replay this morning and there was no other possible way that kick could have gone with a drop punt as he was running pretty much straight at the boundary

It was weird behaviour. He’s not Brown, he can’t run straight at the boundary and still hit the target.

No wind at all.

1 Like

He kicked one OOTF. So did Hooker. So did Redman. Last week McKenna and Stringer did too. Sheil shanks kicks all the time and Zerret missed and easy one last night, Heppel is responsible for some real horrors. Francis and Parish have let us down trying to be too creative plenty of times.

Ambrose knows his strengths, and he knows he can be a bit quick to slam it in his boot like any defender, but as a package he gets picked every week.

4 Likes

Really good and reliable. Kicking not his strength. Can rely on slow play to a target he can hit. Is just slow hand to foot in general play. Elite one on one competitor though

There’s some farking wind in here though.

like a modern day Andrew Dunkley.

Fletcher also kicked one OoBotF once, and it cost us a perfect season. If we can forgive him that, I’m sure we can find it in our hearts to forgive Paddy.

2 Likes

Yeah but it was a torp from the centre square after the quarter time siren when we were 6 goals in front and he’d already won a premiership the year before - not surprised you haven’t forgotten though…
(Ok I made that up)

He knows his limits.

Mostly forgettable from Ambrose.
He has had a good season so probably gets another crack next week.

I would also like to play Ridley or Zerk again this season so I wouldn’t be supposed if he was dropped though he was out of sorts.

WTF???
Jenkins had 4 to 1/2 time and then didn’t get a kick when Ambrose went to him.
Our best lockdown defender by a fair bit

25 Likes

You what?

10 Likes

At least he got the “MadBomber” bit right.

6 Likes

Oh sorry for holding an opinion.
I didn’t see him playing on Jenkins,
Pretty odd that I missed that. But I was watching on TV. Don’t think the ball was kicked much to Jenkins in the last half.

My assessment may be wrong about him. We all make mistakes. Ambrose made a shed load I thought. But if he stopped Jenkins in the second half, I happy to say he played reasonably well given Jenkins player well in the first half.

I do recall seeing Francis on Jenkins though at times.

Hold the vitriol guys. Happy to admit I got it wrong. It’s not a farking beauty contest.

Perhaps I should change my name to
Reasonable Bomber Sean. Lol.

Hope not - the Dunkley who dogged it in the GF, did not dare go near Carey? The one who did the eye gouging and head bashing the week before on the Essendon capatain, while the umps did nothing?

1 Like

Exactly.

I don’t think that will be necessary.