#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

holding the announcement in the back pocket for when the team falls apart and the fans need a pick me up?

I reckon the players need a pick-me-up in the rooms b4 they come out in in the 2nd half…

Has been excellent so far.

Far more composed and clean with ball in hand than players who have hundreds of games more experience than him at this level.

2 Likes

True

Tried his guts out. Others could learn from his endeavour today.

8 Likes

He didn’t get enough of it but he actually seemed like he was playing with a dry ball when he did. He’s real, real good

His weak link seems to be his kicking under pressure, but he tried his heart out today, and deserves credit for it. Never stopped.

Jet

He’s clean on the wet below his knees. Great game from him

3 Likes

If only everyone else could handball at quick as Parish.

He was great doesn’t stop trying

1 Like

Very solid game, still a kid…will be elite!

Our two teenagers seemed best suited to the wet conditions yesterday.

It appears that the TAC kids play in more wet weather than the pros do.

4 Likes

It never rains at Etihad.

The Club is set to announce that sprinklers, heaters and wind machines are to be installed in the Hanger. This way the players can train inside in all types of weather conditions rather than…you know…go outside and train in all sorts of weather conditions.

3 Likes

Which is what they do.
They use the hangar for set plays they wish to practice away from prying eyes, not to get out of the weather.

But you knew that already.

1 Like

Why isn’t parish around the ball more, when he is in there we seem to actually win a ■■■■■■ clearance, but he seems to be located on the wings a bit this season. Just because he is young doesn’t mean he has to make way for all the old slow coaches in there, he has already surpassed a lot of them clearance and pressure wise.

Maybe seeing we are not a flag threat this year they may be doing something as horrific as rounding out his game, giving him experience in other positions. You know, like coaching and teaching and stuff.

5 Likes

You’ve got an excuse for everything, how you can say playing in at the centre bounce isn’t the best thing for a young midfielders development is beyond me. We don’t need more outside runners, we need experienced clearance players with quick hands in at the coalface.

I can’t see any “excuse” in what I said at all.
But hey, if you’re against player development that’s cool.