#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

I would have thought winning games and playing finals would be good for a players development too.

Feel free to keep missing the point.

1 Like

Yeh must be just me then, i just thought you were an idiot going around the forums checking off every ■■■■ decision and mistake the players or coaches make because it’s your beloved bombers and you get upset easily if anyone questions them.

Rofl. Your answer to my comment as to why Parish is spending time on the wing (which was a question you yourself posed) is to constantly miss the point and then get abusive.

Well farking done kermit.

3 Likes

When it was clear that the status quo wasn’t producing results I would have liked to see us roll the dice.

Hurley to CHF / Hooker to CHB
Parish on the ball, Tippa on the ball, McGrath on the ball
Rambrose into the middle either as a ruck or a wrecking ball
Hocking tagging Docherty

Etc

Seemed we were intent on sticking with the system despite clear evidence that the system was failing

2 Likes

Andrewb, that reminds me a bit of Sheeds thinking. Not that theres anything wrong with a reactive approach when you have a stable team, who all know each other really well and who can adapt to changes. But I think Woosha is trying to stabilise the team, make it structured, accountable and playing to a plan ( even if its not the correct plan under the circumstances) and not turn it into more of a rabble than it already appeared on Sunday.

1 Like

First game I’ve been to this year. Was so impressed with his work off the ball. Especially the blocks he made for Zerret.

Wish we had 2 of him.

And he has 3 younger brothers. Daniher dynasty all over again, please oh please Football Gods.

1 Like

I know this goes back to the argument earlier, between the Bully and the Boot, I think Darce would probably be picking up around 30 disposals and lots of contested ball as a full time mid, and he would be the toast of the town, but its pretty clear they are rotating him through the forward line**, and want to turn him into a goal kicking mid. Those types of mid are the stars of the competition. That is not necessarily going to happen unless he gets to spend time down in the forward line to develop that part of his game.

**. What role did Gary Ablett Jr. play in his first 2 years at Geelong ? Small forward.

Dare I suggest we play him off the half-back? evil grin

1 Like

Lol. They did in TAC first year.

And when he came back from breaking his hand.

A few times last year I was pretty unimpressed with his work under high balls.
He’s improved a lot in that aspect, as has all the physical aspects of his game.
Quite possibly something they’re working on with him playing outside roles.

Seems that Parish is playing the role he is best suited - He’s an inside/outside midfielder but probably will end up stronger on the outside.

Not sure I like him being so much on the outside, especially in the wet. He did pretty well considering he just did repeat sprints down the corridor because no one looked to go inside.

One play stood out not sure which quarter, inside forward 50 he found a gap and sharked the opposing ruck and tackled immediately. We need him under and over the ball.

I think it will be the opposite. His hands are so much better than his feet. He hepp and McGrath will be flicking it around in close to release zerret onto his left

6 Likes

I think I read the next to be drafted, if it’s Cassidy, is 190cm.

IMO Parish had a better 2016, but also had more opportunity with Hep and Jobe gone.
Olivers body shape has changed considerably, and looks ten times fitter than last year.
Parish hasnt changed that much (bulked up a bit) and has been pushed out to a wing/ HFF.

Also after listening to Wooshas presser, our players need cohesion - thats Parish working with the other mids, he didnt have there last year.
Zerrett, McGrath, Oliver and Parish are all 200 game players.

WHen you look at the stats Oliver is handball happy.
Has had more handballs than O’Meara

I have no problem with Oliver,whether he is good/great/or a dud.
I have some doubts as to whether any 19 year old can sustain those performances over 23 weeks as a full time inside mid. Lets see how Oliver goes working with other than the #1 ruckman in the AFL.

Darcy plays for us and he is the one I want to succeed tbh.

1 Like

Last year Oliver was basically where Francis was. Neither could run out a full AFL game. He basically transformed his body in one preseason like Watson did. If Francis can do the same, watch out.

1 Like