#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

He’s being facetious

If we are going to improve then somebody has to take the next step.

Midfield is identified as a huge weakness and if Parish cant take that step who do you expect will?

Don’t you want us to improve?

1 Like

■■■■■■ hell, everyone has been having a massive sook in every thread ever since the game on Saturday. This is the least of the things that could be considered sooky

2 Likes

Heppell, Smith, Zaha, Merrett and to a lesser extent Goddard are all known quantities and aren’t going to improve a hell of a lot more.

It’s the next group (Parish, McGrath, Langford, Clarke, Mutch, and others) that needs to step up to be elite.

We desperately need more midfield firepower so I think it’s justified that we look at our high draft picks to step up.

Gloomer

1 Like

ok, bizzare player to pick on then

I thought he was clearly one of our better players against freo

2 Likes

Lol

I’m just trying to make a point.

I see the usual suspects cop all the criticism after a loss and some get a free pass.

Parish has had the good fortune of playing a lot of footy early and predominantly in the position he was drafted in.

I suspect McGrath will go past him soon enough and no doubt a few more if he doesn’t start owning his own game.

He is far from a finished product.

1 Like

The younger players dont need to ‘step up’. Parish, McGrath, Langford and ill add Stringer are all midfield apprentices. If they show gradual improvement from year to year I’ll be satisfied.

No I’m not happy with the state of the midfield. I apportion a large part of that to the senior leaders. Hepp is not being effective enough, Zaharakis just blazes away half the time and turns it over, and Zach Merrett for the past couple of weeks has been Myers MkII with his kicking from packs. I expect them to step up and really drive the midfield forward.

2 Likes

Why don’t you start by answering my question first!

Who do you believe of our young brigade needs to step up?

Or do you think our midfield is fine?

You’re right, should’ve at least won the bnf last year. Sack :coat:

If you want to have a crack at the question above be my guest.

Otherwise just stick to your wisecracks.

In my opinion Parish is steadily improving each year and tracking very well for a high draft pick starting his 3rd year.

If you don’t agree, which midfielders from his draft are performing better? I would have him in the top few from his draft year.

Your original post stated he was getting a free pass from blitz, thus suggesting he is underperforming. I think this is so far off the mark. Yes, I’d love him to step up again this year but he’s already tracking extremely well

Oliver at the moment.

I was merely stating that we require some of the young guys to step up if we are going to improve.

If we continue to rely on the older players then it ain’t going to happen! We know what we will get from them each week.

If you look at the next group Parish has by far the most experience in midfield and is also a high end pick which comes with expectations.

A lot want on here want success so I ask again where is the improvement coming from?

If it’s not Parish or McGrath the. I think we need to be more patient and expect that it will take time. Which is what most of us Happy Clappers keep saying.

Hence why I said top few from his year. But he is performing very well and in line with expectations given his pick in the draft

Agree with all of that. My hope is Zerrett, Parish, McGrath will help form a dominant midfield in years to come. Their development is crucial for us.

Reading your original post, I thought you were having a slight dig at Parish, suggesting he was not developing well enough

2 Likes

I was more interested in getting people’s opinions on where our improvement is coming from because we already know what we are going to get out of our top ten players.

I think Parish, McGrath, Merrett and Langford will be formidable in time.

We just need to be patient.

This year will have its ups and downs but I’m more concerned with how our youth continue to develop and how we perform at the pointy end of the season.

It’s a long year.

1 Like

Been very good the first 2 games this season. He’s more a death by a thousand cuts type of player than a real game breaker. He is just going to have to become a super consistent, hard working linkman like a Tom Scully rather than being a Danger/Dusty type. Not sure he will ever be a high volume goal scorer…

3 Likes