#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

We spunked pick 5 on a player who unfortunately struggles to dispose of the ball by foot.

Heā€™s the king of the sideways handball even though he is effectively an outside player and should be kicking forward.

Itā€™s no wonder that teams get back to cover our forwards so easily.

Parish isnā€™t alone though as everyone of our midfielders doesnā€™t want to take the final kick forward.

Great debut season, I canā€™t say heā€™s regressed, but certainly hasnā€™t improved. Iā€™m still waiting for that breakout game(s) from Darcy. Unlike our other youngsters, heā€™s had a chance every week.

Another who has gone backwards. Our development is the worst in the land

5 Likes

Thank god we parked him on the flank for all of last year.

1 Like

I agree re lack penetration in his kick and this goes with Kobe and Clark. Then add in Hepp slow floating kicks. No way can you ever play them all in the same side

1 Like

Ivan put his heatmap from 2017 on here a few months back - it shows he did not play HFF

1 Like

Yep, thatā€™s a blitz myth.

He starts in the middle plenty and when doesnā€™t he is still rotating through.

My mistake, I genuinely had a ton of people tell me he was playing on the flank last year hence he was missing in games heaps.

We ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  very many picks on guys who struggle to dispose of the ball by foot

Ok so if our highly touted kids in Parish and McGrath have gone backwoods, why do we want to bring in the less touted kids?

Wouldnā€™t they be better off developing in the 2ā€™s?

1 Like

My theory is that Essendon is easily the worst in the AFL at player development.
Promising players fail to progress, or regress far too often

Laverde and Langers gone

Iā€™ve said before if your son was to be drafted next year would you honestly want them to go to Essendon?

Does a heat map show where you go or where you get your possessions? Heā€™s playing forward a fair bit

Todayā€™s heat map shows pretty much mid.

Also Note to self never go the early crow after one quarter.

Too scared to kick the ballā€¦pathetic.

Coaches clearly telling the players to handball. Collingwood mids torched us with handball and spread. Coaches clutching at straws now. A real leader needs to emerge and win games for us. Who is it?

lol.

Heā€™s pretty average. Will be nothing more than a ā€œokayā€ player

1 Like