#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

Had picks 5&6 and potentialy burnt both.

I said that a few weeks ago and got torched for it.

I know you did, but it was unwarranted after his first two weeks

His last month has been bog average

1 Like

I was making an asssessment on his career to date and his skill set.

Heā€™s vanilla

3 Likes

If you canā€™t kick the ball and only kick it 4/5 times a game, then whilst harsh itā€™s fkn spot on.

I think Parish will be a good player for us. Needs a spell in the Magoos to work on his kicking and decision making. A bit of a spell will do him good.

Whole team looks like dogs. Hurley. Zerret and joe look like ammos players. They were all AA last year. Hard to look good in this side.

A theory with no research to back it up is called imo

Parish is overrated. Gifted games week in week out. Guelfi and Mutch have shown as much if not more in fewer games.
If Langford had 15 disposals yesterday like Parish did he would have been roasted on here.

Maybe he is not sharing the ball around enough to pad his stats up

1 Like

Just realized he had 15 disposals yesterdayā€¦

He will become a very good player for our club dont you worry about that.

8 Likes

Heā€™s instinctively moving much better again. But our ā€œsystemā€ with the ball is non-existant. Wouldnā€™t be judging whether heā€™s going to be a decent player on current stats. Look more at his natural positioning rather than what appears to be the ā€˜coachedā€™ version.

I think he be a good player but donā€™t ever envision becoming elite.

I want him at the ruckmanā€™s feet along with McGrath as the first option for the ruck. Hepp should be blocking for them.

1 Like

Not saying he will become elite. But itā€™s not impossible for him to reach that. But he will be a very good player

1 Like

Hasnā€™t shown elite, Parish. Good, determined little fker, particularly in Syd final last year, but doesnā€™t have Kennedy size/core strength, Ablett skills, Martin upper body, Selwood stupid, Dangerfeld pace etc. Needs something special to be elite. As good kick as he is, I donā€™t reckon Zerrett will ever be either (season after season) for the same reason. Good players, just not in the top bracket. Bring on the heat.

Be careful what you say about Parish or you might upset his brother Alex.f.94!

Iā€™m so confused by this too. Rotate McGrath and Parish as the prime midfielder and the senior blokes to protect them instead of the other way. Iā€™m not saying either one are Judd but if he was played to protect Cousins and Kerr he would of been useless in his first few years instead of being dominant.

Iā€™ve never milked a cow, canā€™t be his brother.

1 Like