#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

was at his best when he was fresh out of the falcon’s system.

wtf happens at essendon?

6 Likes

Has literally got worse every year. Its our inability to develop players.

Oliver would be just as average at essendon

3 Likes

oliver would be a forward for our team…

wait no, hbf to develop his game…

In the vfl.

Because thats where elite players develop…

Little from column A little from column B. He’s another Heppell. Which is not a good thing

Best young prospect in the league just about.

Some players have star factor from the start and he has it.

Joey had it also.

1 Like

Can someone tell me what % he is playing pure midfield? Can he literally just not get near the ball? We all laugh at Matthew Kennedy from Carlton getting 12 touches a game but fck this guy is exactly that

A guy on BigFooty was compiling stoppage numbers from qtr to qtr over a few rounds and Parish behind Heppell, Merrett, Zacha and equal with Smith from memory.

Parish is getting lots of time at stoppages and that’s where he gets the bulk of his possessions but it’s on the outside he struggles.

For example Heppell, Merrett, Smith and Zacha all play outside roles also but they all have an impact and that’s why they contribute far greater numbers.

I have watched Parish closely this season as I expected him to be an improver and he literally runs to the least likely spot that you would expect. Other times he will run to the right spot but doesn’t demand the footy.

His best work is most definitely around the coal face but in my opinion it makes him easy to work out.

Needs to add quite a few more strings.

1 Like

Looks like the aggression has been coached out of him. I remember in his first year there was a report he was going head first into everything at training and getting cuts to the head and blood noses including his first ever contested drill.
Was a tackling machine in his first and if he got you he would let the person know either by getting into his face or giving them a good shove after as a reminder. He just doesn’t do it anymore. The whole team lacks a hard edge.

6 Likes

Yeah, but to be honest I don’t doubt he would have at a decent club.

His best season was his first when he was playing instinctual footy and he literally hasn’t progressed since then.

2 Likes

Am I the only one that is still so bullish about the kid? People suggesting he doesn’t have any AFL traits to make him elite are blowing my mind. Has nobody noticed that it doesn’t matter if it is wet or dry, he’ll pick up the ball in one take. His hands are incredibly quick in tight. He will make a beeline to the ball when it’s up for grabs and he’ll win it forward. The next step for him is putting on size so when he does beeline the ball, he then picks it up and breaks any contact coming his way.

Another query is his kicking. Several times this year he’s thrown the ball onto his boot faster than he needs to. I think improving that aspect comes from experience. You don’t learn the pace of AFL, by getting 30 touches in the VFL.

Lastly, it’s so silly to see people suggesting he doesn’t know how to find the ball. He did get 28 of his own touches on ANZAC day… as well as having two 19 touch games, a 20 and a 22 this season. I think, in time, when he’s put on the required size and has enough experience under his belt, he will be a very dangerous player. He already has shots for goal, but if he makes goal scoring a real weapon… watch out.

Must persist with the kid, he’ll be a ripper.

11 Likes

I actually think he’s the type that would respond well to a few weeks in VFL.

He’s still gonna be a decent player, but maybe drop him so he can play in a good midfield.

Do coaches get sent back to the VFL for underpeforming? Can they?

Let’s not fark up the VFL team too.

1 Like

Well we certainly enjoy promoting our VFL coaches to the AFL, don’t see why we couldn’t do the reverse.

Well there you go @Killer_Mike Parish has been dropped.

1 Like

km passed out due to blood loss from brain to downtown.

2 Likes

Racking up 30 touches at VFL level should do him some good.

Having my two boys playing midfield should do us some good :blush:

2 Likes

Sad to see we’ve done nothing to develop his game in 2 years

Yep he needs to pull his finger out and find the ball. Needed to go back on recent output.

1 Like