#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

He’s 20yrs old, chill.

3 Likes

I think Parish will come back stronger from a stint in the 2’s.

I hope the coaching panel can find a role that’s better suited to his talent.

I hope the coaching panel can find their own arses, with both hands, a map, a compass, and a copy of ‘Arsefinding for Dummies’

16 Likes

It certainly hasn’t been pretty.

It has tested my patience this year but I’m a happy clapper so I remain hopeful we can at least salvage something from the wreckage and find a couple of players in the second half of the season.

Hoping we can salvage something out of the second half of the season, makes you a happy clapper these days?

Man, we’re so sh*t.

11 Likes

It is what it is.

If One or two of Clarke, Langford, Parish or Francis emerge I would be happy at this stage.

I hope we can remain competitive.

1 Like

I agree with the sentiment expressed above - I hope we don’t fold.

Probably not going to be a popular assessment but here I go.

Was a descent hit out today for Darcy without being a dominate force. Played on ball for the majority of the day and got first hands to it a lot without being terribly creative.

I know he’s still young but it’s quite clear even at VFL level just how small Darcy is and it shows when he is forced to wrestle around stoppages. He gets pushed off his line a lot and relies on his reflexes to bring the ball to ground and scoop the ball up where he is generally set upon by an opponent or two.

I thought Geelong outplayed us for the majority of the day and it was most evident in midfield.

That is to be expected when you are missing the two best performed midfielders in the league this year.

I would keep Darcy in the VFL for a few more weeks with the instruction to take the game on either with pace or by foot and see if he can break the shackles a little.

1 Like

Darcy is…1cm shorter than J Selwood & G Ablett.
His build is similar to how theirs was in their earlier years.
His size is not a problem.

3 Likes

Needs to spend more time in the gym and get ■■■■■■■ jacked.
become an inside mid bull.

is this for his midfield craft or your erotic pleasures?

1 Like

Disagree.
Young ablett:

Young selwood:

young darcy:

Doing a quick google search Selwood has 6kg on him.

Parish to me is small and from what I saw today he gets pushed under the ball far to easily.

1 Like

Killer mike only likes Kyles big barge a.ss.

3 Likes

DP taller than Cousins, Kerr, crawford, and plenty of other mids including in the current day. If you’re good enough you’re big enough.

Are people retarded?
Height =/= size/power

No need to hurry him back. Would rather him get a good run in the seconds with a real intent to rectify his issues - running patterns and disposal by foot. No point one week out then back. His issues aren’t attitude but technique, though a few extra kilos wouldn’t go astray. Let’s see what he can do at this level.

Thought I made it clear above that it was size I’m talking about.

Being pushed under the ball has nothing to do with height.

1 Like

It’s just a pity he’s not built like Donnington

14 Likes

Crawford playing weight 80, cousins 78, parish 80. Maybe weight as well as height have nothing to do with size. I guess.